BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40365
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks.com Podcast #1 with Rob Reed (Reedster) and Gregg Keer (familyman); link goes to our podcast XML. Click below to play:" Thread

Message #1628 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks.com Podcast #1 with Rob Reed (Reedster) and Gregg Keer (familyman); link goes to our podcast XML. Click below to play:
Date:  1/07/06, 3:49pm (Last Edited: 1/10/06, 10:12pm)
This is it... I think we did a decent job for our first timeout. It went a lot smoother than expected.

Thanks to Yankees Chick, Red-Hot-Mama, and Kauffman Confidential (Bill) for your adverts... they worked out great.

Comments and critiques are welcome here!

Reply to Msg #1628
Back to Topics

6975 reads

1266 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1631 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks.com Podcast #1 with Rob Reed (Reedster) and Gregg Keer (familyman); link goes to our podcast XML. Click below to play:
Date:  1/7/06, 7:44pm
Very good Rob! I actually listened to the whole thing! The only thing I noticed, even though it wasn't really that big of a deal was everytime Gregg talked, it sounded like the base was up or something. His speech was alittle harder to make out sometimes I guess because of the microphone's base or maybe the way he might have been speaking into the microphone. You both did a great job though. You guys sounded like you were naturals because you guys were talking about something that came naturally, which is baseball. Also, I think the length of the podcast was just right.

Reply to Msg #1631
Back to Topics

7593 reads

Message #1632 of 6634  *NEW*
Guest4910 (IP: 69.232.75.213)  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks.com Podcast #1 with Rob Reed (Reedster) and Gregg Keer (familyman); link goes to our podcast XML. Click below to play:
Date:  1/7/06, 8:13pm
great job guys! can't wait to hear more!

URL REMOVED

Reply to Msg #1632
Back to Topics

7590 reads

Message #1637 of 6634  *NEW*
familyman  
Date:  1/8/06, 9:15am
Rob, thanks for having me join you "on the air." Let's play two (at least).

Reply to Msg #1637
Back to Topics

7587 reads

Message #1638 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  familyman
Reedster  
Date:  1/8/06, 12:28pm
>Rob, thanks for having me join you "on the air." Let's play
>two (at least).

Absolutely... it was super fun... and I can only imagine we'll get better at it as we get used to the concept.

My favorite quote from the podcast:

In the "my biggest fantasy mistake of last season" portion of the podcast, I said:

"I found myself popped up into first place, I never looked back until you got on my ass the last two weeks.

And, fortunately uh, my players just sorta took over the last two weeks, a little bit, uh, at least they kept going and kept me on top."

I used the key phrases "popped up," "you got on my ass," and "kept me on top" within a 10 second span, qualifying me to walk in this year's Pasadena DooDah parade.

Reply to Msg #1638
Back to Topics

7584 reads

Message #1645 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks.com Podcast #1
Date:  1/9/06, 11:52am
I just received the very good news that our BaseballGeeks podcast is going to be syndicated on Itunes within the next 24 hours. This will be another place that you will be able to find our podcasts.

Reply to Msg #1645
Back to Topics

7580 reads

Message #1646 of 6634  *NEW*
sambruin98  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks.com Podcast #1
Date:  1/9/06, 11:59am
Congrats Rob! I just listened to you and Gregg for the first time and enjoyed the 10 minutes of actual baseball talk mixed with 23 minutes of innuendo. =P Looking forward to you divulging more of your fantasy baseball secrets and making sure you pay the maximum amount on those hidden gems of yours.

See you in a few months,
Sam

Reply to Msg #1646
Back to Topics

7579 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter