BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40077
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "All the baseball stadiums via Google earth " Thread

Message #1718 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
MonkMojo  
Subject:  All the baseball stadiums via Google earth
Date:  1/15/06, 8:35pm
graphic

Reply to Msg #1718
Back to Topics

5367 reads

1868 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1719 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  MonkMojo
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: All the baseball stadiums via Google earth
Date:  1/15/06, 8:38pm (Last Edited: 1/15/06, 8:39pm)
Now, this was really cool, but the author of the entry hit it right on the head when he said the Tiger Stadium photo was sad.

Tiger Stadium, of the half dozen or so stadiums that I have visited, was my least favorite. But, to see it (and all of its history) dilapidated like that... better to just bulldoze the whole thing and be done with it.

Hasn't it been bulldozed already?

...or could it be that this is where the Tigers play now? No way...

...right?

Reply to Msg #1719
Back to Topics

6096 reads

Message #1720 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Date:  1/16/06, 6:07am
Rob, I agree with you about Tiger Stadium. The shot I found most impressive was the shot of Seattle's Seahawks Stadium & Safeco Field. The shot of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Stadium doesn't do it justice even though it is just a dome. Driving up to the stadium, it looks like a giant white tit to me, but you can't tell that from the straight above arial shot. The roof actually slopes. I know this sounds completely crazy, but the Trop is still the coolest place that I have been to to watch a baseball game. No disrespect to Dodger Stadium or Turner Field. They have prettier fields, but I like the Trop's comfort & air conditioning & unique style.

Reply to Msg #1720
Back to Topics

6091 reads

Message #1721 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Guest5347 (IP: 67.175.129.59)  
Date:  1/16/06, 2:57am
I think it has been bulldozed, but when that photo was taken it looked like a warehouse that had been sitting for years. Damn, Ty Cobb's racist ass played there. Ty Cobb! what the hell.ugh.

Reply to Msg #1721
Back to Topics

6089 reads

Message #1727 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  MonkMojo
Jaydawg  
Date:  1/16/06, 6:31pm
Interesting perspective on the ballparks and I agree with the sentiments regarding Tiger Stadium. On my only visit there, it felt like I was sitting in an old rat-infested factory and just about every seat had an obstructed view. It didn't feel like a real ballpark and I'll bet it was the same way back in its heyday. It should've been torn down decades ago. Also, looking at Kansas City is proof that baseball and football stadiums can't coexist side by side. Somehow, it doesn't look right and I hope the McCourts never build a football field next to Dodger Stadium.

Reply to Msg #1727
Back to Topics

4975 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter