BaseballGeeks
User: Guest34141
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Mike Piazza in Yankee Pinstripes? " Thread

Message #1824 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Mike Piazza in Yankee Pinstripes?
Date:  1/24/06, 7:20pm (Last Edited: 1/24/06, 7:35pm)
According to Newsday, Mike Piazza and his agent Dan Lozano, have been in talks with the Yankee front office. They want him as a DH. I don't understand why Piazza would want to play in the Bronx in the first place. The DH position is already occupied by Bernie Williams and Andy Phillips, so there would be very little playing time. A desire to win a ring may be a factor for Mike, but the Yankees haven't won one since 2000 and they still pay megabucks for superstars and average players alike during the offseason. For Piazza, taking an offer from the Blue Jays, Angels, or the hometown Phillies would be in his best interest.

Reply to Msg #1824
Back to Topics

4074 reads

1044 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1825 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Mike Piazza in Yankee Pinstripes?
Date:  1/24/06, 7:39pm
This would be great for Piazza, I think... he would stay in New York City, so he wouldn't have to move. He goes to a team with an amazing lineup, so he would have a good chance at a World Series ring.

He could platoon at 1B and Dh with Giambi.

Looks like a really good fit for him, and were I him, I would probably choose the Yanks over the Angels.

Reply to Msg #1825
Back to Topics

4612 reads

Message #1830 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Date:  1/24/06, 11:12pm
How fitting. For some reason I have never really liked Piazza. Don't ask me why. It is only fitting to me he ends up playing with the Yuckees, I mean Yankees.

Reply to Msg #1830
Back to Topics

4611 reads

Message #1839 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
familyman  
Date:  1/25/06, 5:17pm
Angels could really use him. Hoping for that. It's good to see the interest. He's an all-time great who probably should've done to the AL a couple of years ago. Apparently, he's got a lot of pride in his standing as a catcher, so he never made the jump.

Reply to Msg #1839
Back to Topics

4608 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter