BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39043
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Devil Rays ponder a name change. Post your new name suggestions here " Thread

Message #1875 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Devil Rays ponder a name change. Post your new name suggestions here
Date:  1/28/06, 10:10am
How about the Buccaneers?

Reply to Msg #1875
Back to Topics

6235 reads

1901 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1876 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Devil Rays ponder a name change. Post your new name suggestions here
Date:  1/28/06, 9:58am
The Tampa Bay Devil Rays has never sounded right to me in the first place. This is the Major Leagues after all, not T-Ball. There's talk about taking "Devil" out of the name. Tampa Bay Rays? That's WORSE... An appropriate name should have something to do with the Tampa Bay area and sound Major League at the same time. How about the Manatees?

Reply to Msg #1876
Back to Topics

6947 reads

Message #1879 of 6634  *NEW*
MonkMojo  
Subject:  Re: Devil Rays ponder a name change. Post your new name suggestions here
Date:  1/28/06, 11:39am
graphic
Los Angeles Angel Fish From Hell

Reply to Msg #1879
Back to Topics

6943 reads

Message #1880 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  MonkMojo
Reedster  
Date:  1/28/06, 1:31pm
>Los Angeles Angel Fish From Hell

Truth be told, I would be agreeable to this name change as a resolution of the current dispute with Arte Moreno and the city of Anaheim.

/it would be a fitting name, after all

Reply to Msg #1880
Back to Topics

6941 reads

Message #1881 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  1/28/06, 4:26pm
I don't think the Devil Rays is all that bad. It's different. It probably won't matter because major league baseball will probably try to extract the Devil Rays from baseball given the economics of major league baseball & just the way things are unfortunately. I hope not! I LIKE THE D-RAYS! I like going to their games. It is a great place to watch a baseball game if you like convenience & comfort!

How about the Manna Rays? or Sting Rays? or the Yankee Beaters(just joking) since they were like 12 -4 or 12 -5 against the Yanks last season.

I like Manna Rays.

Reply to Msg #1881
Back to Topics

6941 reads

Message #1882 of 6634  *NEW*
Guest6063 (IP: 69.136.251.65)  
Date:  1/28/06, 3:26pm
tampa bay sharks

Reply to Msg #1882
Back to Topics

6940 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter