BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40698
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Eight things Dusty Baker is predicted to say this preseason (bottom of page) includes: ''We're pretty sure Mark just tweaked his elbow a little.' (Translation: Prior is out for the season and we're doomed.)' " Thread

Message #2025 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Eight things Dusty Baker is predicted to say this preseason (bottom of page) includes: ''We're pretty sure Mark just tweaked his elbow a little.' (Translation: Prior is out for the season and we're doomed.)'
Date:  2/09/06, 9:19pm
Whole list (see the article, which describes some renovations being made at Wrigley this year):

8. "We always work on fundamentals." (Here's a novel idea: Maybe this time, the Cubs actually could work on executing them properly! I suggest starting with pitchers covering first base on grounders hit to the right side.)

7. "Early on, we might use Kerry out of the bullpen." (Look, if Wood isn't ready to be an effective starter come April 3, send him to the minors until he is ready. All that last year's Wood-in-bullpen experiment did was delay the surgery he required. The Cubs need a lot of things, but one thing they don't need is a $12 million middle reliever.)

6. "I'm not looking for a long-term contract." (That's convenient, because he hasn't earned one. Tribune Co. honchos should be fitted for straitjackets and sent to a rubber room if they give Baker - or GM Jim Hendry - an extension before a playoff spot is secured.)

5. "It is what it is." (Just once, Cubbie fans would like it to be what it isn't.)

4. "We're pretty sure Mark just tweaked his elbow a little." (Translation: Prior is out for the season and we're doomed.)

3. "You know, dude, the Cubs lost for a long time before I ever got here." (Really? I hadn't noticed. Hello! Didn't the Cubs hire a $15 million manager to stop the losing?)

2. "It's hard coming off the road after a Thursday night game and then having to play a day game at home Friday." (The Cubs don't have to do that once in 2006. Another excuse bites the dust.)

1. "I don't believe in making excuses." (Oh.)

-Mike Nadel, pjstar.com

Reply to Msg #2025
Back to Topics

2567 reads

1256 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2036 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Eight things Dusty Baker is predicted to say this preseason (bottom of page) includes: ''We're pretty sure Mark just tweaked his elbow a little.' (Translation: Prior is out for the season and we're doomed.)'
Date:  2/10/06, 8:46pm
funny stuff Rob! Personally, I think Dusty is a pretty good manager, but the excuses do get old.

Reply to Msg #2036
Back to Topics

3271 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter