BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40163
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "City of Anaheim still trying to get a Judge to remove L.A. from the team name " Thread

Message #2078 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  City of Anaheim still trying to get a Judge to remove L.A. from the team name
Date:  2/13/06, 11:22pm
I highly doubt they will be successful. The Judge can easily bow out and say that the matter has already been decided by a jury.

Reply to Msg #2078
Back to Topics

2629 reads

1885 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2088 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: City of Anaheim still trying to get a Judge to remove L.A. from the team name
Date:  2/14/06, 9:56pm
I say good for the city of Anaheim. They want to remove LA from their name. Why would they want to be known as the "second" team of Los Angeles? If I were the Angels, I would want to be known as the Anaheim Angels. The Angels have their own territory that the Dodgers can't claim. They have the city of Anaheim. The Dodgers have the city that the Angels can't claim. The Dodgers have Los Angeles. I think it should be as simple as that. The Padres have San Diego. The Giants have San Francisco. The A's have Oakland. The Dodgers have Los Angeles. The Angels have Anaheim. If I were the Mets, I would separate from New York City because they will always be known as the Yankees' red headed step child. I know this will never happen though.

Reply to Msg #2088
Back to Topics

3206 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter