BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40457
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "12-year old boy gives up his $1,000 to save his school and gets paid back in pinstripes " Thread

Message #2084 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  12-year old boy gives up his $1,000 to save his school and gets paid back in pinstripes
Date:  2/14/06, 5:13pm
I think even Dr. Rub can appreciate Steinbrenner's actions here.

An Arkansas boy was saving for a trip to see his favorite team the Yankees. He saved up $1,000. He donated that entire amount in order to save his school, and his $1,000 helped.

It was lumped with $399,000, and helped to save the school from a merge.

Steinbrenner gets wind of this and not only replaces the boy's $1,000, but gives him an all expense paid trip and tour of Yankee Stadium.

Kudos, Mr. Steinbrenner!

Reply to Msg #2084
Back to Topics

5110 reads

1887 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2085 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: 12-year old boy gives up his $1,000 to save his school and gets paid back in pinstripes
Date:  2/14/06, 7:49pm
Kudos to 'Ol Georgie on this one. Here's proof that he isn't self-centered 24/7. But, if you're keeping score, it's fair to say that for every good thing Steinbrenner does, there's at least 10 bad things you can point out at the same time. Though, it's nice to see him think of brightening a fan's day for a change.

Reply to Msg #2085
Back to Topics

6174 reads

Message #2087 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: 12-year old boy gives up his $1,000 to save his school and gets paid back in pinstripes
Date:  2/14/06, 9:45pm
I agree with your assessment Jaydawg. Yes, I agree that it was a nice kind thing to do by Mr. Stienbrenner. I give him credit for that one. I still hate the son of a bitch!

My other question here is this: Why the hell does a little boy in Arkansas like the damn Yankees? He was obviously suckered in by the media as well by all the media's "cool-aid" about the Yankees, so he obviously bought into it like everyone else. I believe this is the media's hidden goal or agenda. They want everybody to drink the "Yankee cool-aid" so the little average 9 or 10 year old boy in Nowhere, Arkansas will grow up & love the Yankees. this is just another example of the fleecing of major league baseball & the Yankees & the damn media is the virus.

Reply to Msg #2087
Back to Topics

6174 reads

Message #2090 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Guest6796 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  2/15/06, 6:40am
Yeah, the reason the kid likes the Yankees is because they play in the biggest media market in the world and he hears about them all the time. The kid buys Yankee stuff, which puts more money in their budget and they can afford to spend more on salaries than anybody else. Want to hurt George? Put a team in Brooklyn and/or in New Jersey. Make him fight a little harder for his revenue.

Reply to Msg #2090
Back to Topics

6173 reads

Message #2103 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest6796 (IP: 69.141.76.197)
drrubb  
Date:  2/15/06, 10:30pm
Preach on man! You are so right!

Reply to Msg #2103
Back to Topics

6172 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter