BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40072
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Who Will Win The A.L. Central? " Thread

Message #2101 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Who Will Win The A.L. Central?
Date:  2/15/06, 7:55pm
The A.L. Central will be a little more competitive than last year, but the White Sox should clearly be the favorite to win the division. After winning the World Series, GM Ken Williams has been busy this offseason. He acquired Jim Thome and Javier Vazquez and re-signed Paul Konerko, making the Chi-Sox even better than last year. It's a possibility that they could go back-to-back, as the Yankees have shown in the last five years that paying top dollars for players doesn't guarantee a ring. Other than K.C., the rest of the teams should be competitive as well. The Indians may have lost Coco Crisp, but they gained Jason Michaels, who's another up-an-coming player to fill his role. The Twins will do well as long as Johan Santana stays healthy and the Tigers improved their pitching with the acquisition of Kenny Rogers, who should have a great year at Comerica Park.

Reply to Msg #2101
Back to Topics

4581 reads

1572 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The DawgHouse

Message #2107 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: Who Will Win The A.L. Central?
Date:  2/16/06, 8:32am
graphic
It's got to be the White Sox with the pitching staff they have. The division is tough with the 2-4 spots being a battle between the Twins, Indians and Tigers. I'll be pulling hard for the Tigers, but it will be tough to get out of the four hole. KC isn't worth including in the discussion at this point, but I'm sure they will take the season series from the Tigers like they always do.

OE

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #2107
Back to Topics

5400 reads

Message #2868 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
Jaydawg  
Date:  4/1/06, 3:05pm
1. White Sox
2. Twins
3. Indians
4. Tigers
5. Royals

With the exception of the Royals, this will be a very competitive division. The Indians have the edge over the Tigers because they have a stronger pitching rotation, but Detroit should make it over .500 for the first time in years.

Reply to Msg #2868
Back to Topics

5398 reads

Message #4188 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Date:  10/22/06, 2:21pm
Even in spring training, I thought the Tigers were an improved team, but frankly, I was laughing when Olde English D's predicted a first place finish early on in the season for his beloved hometown team. Who's laughing now???? Good call, D!!! I didn't think the Indians would be so disappointing either.

Reply to Msg #4188
Back to Topics

5396 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter