Here's how I would rank each team in this division.
1. Brewers (Carlos Lee, Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, Bill Hall, JJ Hardy, Brady Clark, Geoff Jenkins)
2. Reds (Adam Dunn, Felipe Lopez, Edwin Encarnacion, Ken Griffey Jr., Austin Kearns) I may have ranked them number 1 if they still had Wily Mo Pena.
3. Cubs (Derek Lee, Aramis Ramirez, Micheal Barrett, Juan Pierre, Jacque Jones) Also look out for Matt Murton! Todd Walker is okay.
4. Astros (Lance Berkman, Morgan Ensberg, Preston Wilson, Willie Tavares, Jason Lane, Craig Biggio)
5. Cardinals (Albert Pujols, Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds) Juan Encarnacion is okay. I'm not sold on anybody else from a hitting standpoint on the Cardinals.
6. Pirates (Jason Bay is the only stud here. Burnitz, Casey, both of the Wilson's are okay. Doumit? Everyone else there kind of sucks! Maybe they should resign Randall Simon? Atleast he was good at hitting jogging sausages!
1. Cardinals (Carpenter, Mulder, Marquis, Suppan) Very solid! Isringhausan from the bullpen is very solid.
2. Pirates (Zach Duke, Oliver Perez, Kip Wells, Pat Maholm) Pretty good! Mike Gonzalez & Solomon Torres are pretty good also.
3. Brewers (Ben Sheets, Doug Davis, Chris Capuano, Tomo Ohka, Dave Bush) Underated! Turnbow out of the bullpen is pretty good.
4. *Cubs (pending Prior & Wood) I would have ranked the Cubs number 1 or 2 in pitching in this division if Prior & Wood were both healthy & not such a constant injury risk. (Carlos Zambrano(Stud), Rusch, Jerome Williams). Depster from the bullpen is pretty good.
5. Astros would be ranked higher if Clemens was definately returning. (Oswalt(another stud), Pettitte, Backe). Lidge is very solid!
6. Reds (Harang, Arroyo, Milton?) THAT'S REALLY ABOUT IT! No closer really.