BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40274
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Who Will Win The N.L. West? " Thread

Message #2147 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Who Will Win The N.L. West?
Date:  2/18/06, 09:00am
The N.L. West isn't as pathetic as '05, but it's still the weakest in the league. With all of the transactions by the Dodgers during the offseason, they have to be the favorite to win the pennant. One thing you can definitely bet on is that they'll do better than (82-80), which was the record of last year's division winning Padres. Here's their lineup---

Furcal
Lofton
Drew
Kent
Nomar
Cruz Jr./Werth
Mueller
Navarro

Barring any significant injuries, I don't think any other team can compete with this lineup as it stands. The Padres picked up a few aging veterans, such as Piazza and Vinny Castilla, who are way past their prime. The re-signing of Trevor Hoffman doesn't help much, either. They need some more young blood in their lineup. The Giants made a good move in signing Matt Morris, but they'll only be competitive if Barry Bonds can stay healthy all year long, which is doubtful.

Reply to Msg #2147
Back to Topics

4734 reads

1479 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The DawgHouse

Message #2152 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Who Will Win The N.L. West?
Date:  2/18/06, 10:01am
I agree Jaydawg.

1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Padres
4. Diamond Backs
5. Rockies

Reply to Msg #2152
Back to Topics

5401 reads

Message #2873 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Jaydawg  
Date:  4/1/06, 3:28pm
I agree with Dr. Rub on these predictions. The Rockies barely did anything to improve their team and Arizona didn't do much better. In a month or so, they'll regret letting Javier Vazquez get away.

Reply to Msg #2873
Back to Topics

5398 reads

Message #4190 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Date:  10/22/06, 2:36pm (Last Edited: 10/22/06, 2:37pm)
To my surprise, this turned out to be a pretty competitive division, but my beloved Dodgers came up short in the end once again. Maybe they should bring back Jose Lima. At least Lima Time was able to give them ONE playoff victory. I sure was wrong on Trevor Hoffman and Mike Piazza. Both of them still have quite a bit of petrol left in their engines after all. Could the Pads do it next year? Only if the Dodgers lose a couple of players, especially Nomar.

Reply to Msg #4190
Back to Topics

5396 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter