BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39975
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Who Will Win The N.L. East? " Thread

Message #2075 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Who Will Win The N.L. East?
Date:  2/13/06, 9:15pm
The way I see it, the N.L. East won't be as competitive as last year and this should be the first time in a decade and a half that the Braves won't win the division. Leo Mazzone did a lot more for Atlanta other than chewing gum, rocking back and forth, and scratching his **** most of the game. He's an encyclopedia on the pitching aspects of baseball and I don't think there's ever been a better coach for pitchers. Mazzone's loss should have quite an impact this season. Also, Philly's loss of two star players, such as Jim Thome and Billy Wagner will not get them very far, plus their issues with Bobby Abreu haven't been resolved yet. The Mets should be the favorite to win the N.L. East for obvious reasons. It seems like the Mets have been doing the most in improving their team this offseason with acquisitions of Carlos Delgado, Billy Wagner, Paul LoDuca, and a few others.

Reply to Msg #2075
Back to Topics

6584 reads

1820 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The DawgHouse

Message #2076 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Who Will Win The N.L. East?
Date:  2/13/06, 10:05pm
I just love that Mets lineup. I can't vote against them.

Reply to Msg #2076
Back to Topics

7506 reads

Message #2079 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  2/14/06, 5:38am
To me, this is a division that is hard to predict. I say this because the last few years, everyone it seems has predicted the Braves to finally fall off & not win the division. Yet, they somehow always find a way to win it. I guess it would be easy to sit here & say or predict that the Braves won't win it this season, given that Leo left & the Mets seem to have improved their team in the off season. We always bet against the Braves & Sherholtz & Bobby Cox always find a way to get it done. Yeah, the Mets look really good on paper, but they have done this before & seem to always find a way to screw it up. I'm not going to predict this division this season. I will say this. Anybody but the Marlins(because of their off season fire sale) can win this division. I think the Mets, Phillies, Nationals, & yes, even the Braves, all have about an equal chance at winning this division.

Now watch the Marlins win it.

Reply to Msg #2079
Back to Topics

5705 reads

Message #2080 of 6634  *NEW*
Guest6751 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  2/14/06, 6:03am
This is a tough division to pick. Have to go with the Mets. They have a nice blend of hitting talent, young guys and veterans. With Pedro, Heilmann and Glavine, they should get enough quality starts, with Wags to close the door. Have to agree with drrubb, the Marlins are the one team I just can't see winning this division this year. I'm guessing it goes:

1) Mets
2) Braves
3) Phillies
4) Nationals
5) Marlins

Reply to Msg #2080
Back to Topics

7501 reads

Message #2871 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest6751 (IP: 69.141.76.197)
Jaydawg  
Date:  4/1/06, 3:18pm
I agree with Guest 6751 on this one. Though, the Marlins will do slightly better than expected after the firesale, as Mike Jacobs and Jeremy Hermida will become household names. Joe Girardi seems to have enthusiasm reminicent of Tommy Lasorda and should have the fish making the best out of what they have in what will likely be their final season in South Florida.

Reply to Msg #2871
Back to Topics

6630 reads

Message #4187 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Date:  10/22/06, 2:16pm
My predictions for the N.L. East were pretty much on the money, but Mike Jacobs and Jeremy Hermida haven't exactly become household names this year. Well, maybe Hermida did, but for different reasons. Hey, Reedster and Gregg "FamilyMan" Keer were pretty high on him too.

Reply to Msg #4187
Back to Topics

7493 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter