BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40475
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Selig wants to read the Bonds' book before making any decisions " Thread

Message #2472 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Selig wants to read the Bonds' book before making any decisions
Date:  3/09/06, 08:20am
And, David Wells has come out slamming Barry. Clemens came out and, in my opinion, was the man of reason...

Interesting article. Check it out.

Reply to Msg #2472
Back to Topics

3300 reads

806 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2477 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: Selig wants to read the Bonds' book before making any decisions
Date:  3/9/06, 8:44am
graphic
Selig will not act on this. He is weak and will only do something if forced into it.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #2477
Back to Topics

4177 reads

Message #2479 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Re: Selig wants to read the Bonds' book before making any decisions
Date:  3/9/06, 9:08am
I'm with Olde English on this. Selig makes no indication in his words that he sees any urgency to this. He's too busy basking in the WBC and worrying about the USA choking and how that will affect revenue for the WBC.

And as far as Clemens goes:

//"I worry more about the man's health than I do about him hitting home runs or whatever this witch hunt we're on," the Team USA ace said.

"I think he got hammered pretty good last year, and it seems to be happening again this year. I don't know if it's going to change anything," he said.//

I'm not sure I get it. He's worried about Barry's health (which is a legitimate worry for anyone using steroids, ask Lyle Alzado...oh wait, we can't...) but he isn't bothered by the fact that his most productive years happened while he was 'enhanced'?

And as far as his getting 'hammered' last year, doesn't this book prove that the 'hammering' was well-deserved?

I don't like Wells opening his yap just to spew negativity...but at least he isn't towing the company line.

Reply to Msg #2479
Back to Topics

4174 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter