BaseballGeeks
User: Guest41008
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Game plan for opponents of the Giants is to walk Bonds often because he can't run " Thread

Message #2521 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Game plan for opponents of the Giants is to walk Bonds often because he can't run
Date:  3/11/06, 12:10pm
From the link:

Talking to scouts, the game plan for opponents will be to walk Barry Bonds at every turn and have him clog up the bases because he can't run. The biggest pain for him is when he decelerates. He couldn't run yesterday in an exhibition game against the Angels, his first action of the spring, and he probably won't push it all season. Bonds talked about the "R" word, retirement, again. "I think about it every year, I don't know what keeps me coming back," he said. "The first and the 15th are something. I don't know, I pay child support, you all. I've got to have a job. "By July you guys will know," he added. "By the All-Star break, August, sometime during that time of the season, you guys will know if I'm coming back."

Reply to Msg #2521
Back to Topics

4910 reads

1557 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2522 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Re: Game plan for opponents of the Giants is to walk Bonds often because he can't run
Date:  3/11/06, 12:33pm
//I don't know, I pay child support, you all. I've got to have a job.//

Oh my good God, he did NOT say this.

Between 1986 and 2005, he made $153,000,000.00 plus...and he's using CHILD SUPPORT as a reason he 'needs' to work???????

Do steroids make you stupid and arrogant as well?

Reply to Msg #2522
Back to Topics

6566 reads

Message #2524 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
trevor  
Subject:  Re: Game plan for opponents of the Giants is to walk Bonds often because he can't run
Date:  3/11/06, 4:29pm
Of course they will walk him.
This will be his last year, as far as i can tell, he is going to crack.
Anyway, only a stupid manager will pitch to him more than twice a game.

Reply to Msg #2524
Back to Topics

6562 reads

Message #2536 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  trevor
TurboMak  
Date:  3/12/06, 11:19am
This has been the plan for several years-it is a real pain for us Giants fans. I pay $100 per game for our two seats in the club level and the most exciting moments are when Barry comes to bat-and then we get to shake our dead chickens and boo when the sign for four wide ones goes up-You all may criticize Barry and not like his attitude or his alledged ethics, but if your top hitter was walked almost every time he came to the plate you would become frustrated as well. Fear is a great motivator.

Marianne

Reply to Msg #2536
Back to Topics

6561 reads

Message #2543 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  TurboMak
Jaydawg  
Date:  3/12/06, 1:18pm (Last Edited: 3/12/06, 1:19pm)
The reason why Bonds takes so many walks in the first place is because of the fact that the Giants have had much less threatening players backing him up in the lineup for most of his time there. If you were a pitcher about to match up against Barry in a close game and you see someone such as Lance Niekro, Ray Durham, or even a healthy Moises Alou out on deck, who would you rather face? True, the hometown S.F. fans don't always get their moneys worth for this, but the Giant front office has done a poor job, for the most part, in trying to take that burden off of Ba-Bo.

Reply to Msg #2543
Back to Topics

6559 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter