BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40222
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Team U.S.A. Is Eliminated By Mexico, 2-1 " Thread

Message #2606 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Team U.S.A. Is Eliminated By Mexico, 2-1
Date:  3/16/06, 7:56pm
Ay Caramba!!!!! It looks like the Americans don't produce the greatest baseball players anymore. I know that some top-notch players backed out of the tournament, but that's still no excuse. Overall, the U.S. had the best team on paper and should've made it to the finals. I thought for sure that they would be playing against the Dominicans in the finals. But, on the bright side, I like how the WBC is getting the sport worldwide attention. Literally, the WBC is the REAL World Series.

Reply to Msg #2606
Back to Topics

6536 reads

1577 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2607 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Team U.S.A. Is Eliminated By Mexico, 2-1
Date:  3/16/06, 8:24pm
Arod & Jeter combined 0-6 today. I love it!

Forgive me if that sounds "Unamerican". I just love it when the Yankees SUCK IT UP, no matter what the situation.

Reply to Msg #2607
Back to Topics

7241 reads

Message #2609 of 6634  *NEW*
Conor  
Date:  3/16/06, 9:05pm
how does Mark Teixeira go 0-15 in the WBC?

Reply to Msg #2609
Back to Topics

7237 reads

Message #2610 of 6634  *NEW*
familyman  
Date:  3/16/06, 9:29pm
How many days did this team use to prepare? If we want to take this seriously, we have to train as a team, weeks before the series starts. As with Olympic basketball, superstars don't often mesh and don't always feel the pull to win. I wonder how a team of Double and Triple A players would do in such a tournament.

But I'm really not disheartened. There has been some fantastic baseball in the WBC. It's baseball that doesn't rely on the HR and leans heavily on pitching, defense, and moving the runners over. I'll keep watching.

Reply to Msg #2610
Back to Topics

7233 reads

Message #2611 of 6634  *NEW*
attacksquad  
Date:  3/16/06, 9:46pm
I hate to see the U.S. out of it as much as the rest of us, but give Mexico credit here. Mexico won the Carribean World series last year beating the Domincans, Puerto Ricans and even Venenzuela. So, they have a squad, maybe not the sexiest names though. Cantu is bad ass though huh? Tampa Bay ought to be excited with that guy. Draft him if he becomes available in your leagues folks. Maybe this loss will prompt the U.S. and MLB to take this more seriously, as in World Series serious. Cuba is in the middle of their regular season, the Domicans have a heavy all star line up, and the U.S. stars were cold at the plate. Lee and Damon were out with houlder problems. I expected this at some point once I started watching how good the other teams were. Plus did anyone else get the feeling the international teams wanted this more?

Reply to Msg #2611
Back to Topics

7233 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #2615 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
redsoxchick  
Date:  3/17/06, 8:23am
The WBC reaffirmed for me what I already knew: I love baseball, regardless of who is playing. While I'm bummed the USA lost, after that blown homerun call there was a small part of me rooting for Mexico. Jorge Cantu played a great game - when else is he going to be able to be such a hero? I really have enjoyed the few games I've been awake to watch.

Looking forward to this weekend!

Reply to Msg #2615
Back to Topics

7233 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter