BaseballGeeks
User: Guest22452
Posts: 0
Read Mode: Topics
Status: Guest
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)" Thread

Message #2744 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
From:  
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/25/06, 10:25am
This week's show: Baseballgeeks stories and a look at Spring Training; a look at our Inaugural Beat the Geeks fantasy roster from last weekend's draft; a look at 10 sleepers to look out for in your fantasy drafts; False Rumors

A little bit quicker running time this morning because of time constraints... about 41 minutes. We didn't get to tell all of our sleeper secrets for two reasons: (1) Gregg had to be out by 8:45; and (2) our money league draft is tomorrow and a few of the players listen.

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2744
Back to Topics

4827 reads

853 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!


Message #2749 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
From:  
TerryPuhlParty  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/25/06, 6:39pm
Just listened to the podcast - I really enjoy listening to you guys. The podcasting world is a lot like the karioke world - anybody can do it, and a lot of people who participate are very bad (or drunk!). Your podcast is refreshing.

Listening to your sleepers, it struck me that many of your guys were also mentioned in the sleeper/bust discussion at mlb.com in their Fantasy 411 season preview. Unfortunately, a handful of your "sleepers" were listed by them as "busts" - notably Beltre, Ordonez, Heilman and Barnes. Of course, they did list some sleepers that did match with you guys - Harding and Wilkerson come to mind. This is what makes fantasy baseball interesting - diverse opinions and the opportunity to rub it in other's faces at the end of the year when you're proved correct!

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2749
Back to Topics

6152 reads


Message #2750 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
From:  
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/26/06, 5:24am
Great show guys! Good luck in your money league draft!

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2750
Back to Topics

6146 reads


Message #2752 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
From:  
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/26/06, 9:01am
As always, terrific show!!! Every week, you seem to talk about the most important topics in the baseball world and do it well. Good luck in the money league draft... If Vlad Guerrero and Jason Bay are taken, will you stick to the playertrack.com formula and take Reggie Sanders? We'll find out on the next BGP...

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2752
Back to Topics

4759 reads


Message #2755 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
From:  
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/26/06, 1:43pm (Last Edited: 3/26/06, 1:46pm)
Good news!!!! I found a link which shows that the BGP is now ranked #11 among the most popular baseball podcasts. Here it is----- http://www.podcastdirectory.com/genre/index.php?for
matword=Baseball
Kudos to Reedster and FamilyMan!!!!

This website is also attracting more attention out there. This morning, I went on a Yahoo chatroom and within seconds someone who I hadn't seen before on it said, "Are you the same Jaydawg from the baseball geeks website?". After answering in the affirmative he said, "Cool. It's one of the best baseball websites I've seen lately."

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2755
Back to Topics

6707 reads


Message #2756 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
From:  
familyman  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/26/06, 8:41pm
Hey Jaydawg,

A little preview for next week -- I selected Reggie Sanders as a late-round pick for $2. How can I lose? I also nabbed Mark Ellis in a late round for $1, hoping he's as good as Rob and PlayerTrack believe.

Thanks for being such a phenomenal supporter of the podcast. Your savvy postings are one of the main reasons we know what to talk about each week.

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2756
Back to Topics

6706 reads


Message #2769 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  familyman
From:  
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/27/06, 7:37pm
Reggie Sanders is a good pick in the late rounds and is worth the risk at $2. But, I wonder why Reedster didn't take him earlier. Also, Mark Ellis should be one of the top sleeper picks of the season, as predicted on playertrack.com. He may turn out to be quite a steal for a buck.

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2769
Back to Topics

6705 reads


Message #2777 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
From:  
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/28/06, 11:11am
> Reggie Sanders is a good pick in the late rounds and is
>worth the risk at $2. But, I wonder why Reedster didn't take
>him earlier. Also, Mark Ellis should be one of the top
>sleeper picks of the season, as predicted on playertrack.com.
>He may turn out to be quite a steal for a buck.

If Sanders was still on the Cards, I would have easily taken him over Magglio.

Mark my words. If Sanders gets 500 ABs this season, you will bow down to PlayerTrack's prognostications!

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2777
Back to Topics

6704 reads


Message #2778 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  TerryPuhlParty
From:  
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/28/06, 11:14am
>Just listened to the podcast - I really enjoy listening to you
>guys. The podcasting world is a lot like the karioke world -
>anybody can do it, and a lot of people who participate are
>very bad (or drunk!). Your podcast is refreshing.
>
>Listening to your sleepers, it struck me that many of your
>guys were also mentioned in the sleeper/bust discussion at
>mlb.com in their Fantasy 411 season preview. Unfortunately, a
>handful of your "sleepers" were listed by them as "busts" -
>notably Beltre, Ordonez, Heilman and Barnes. Of course, they
>did list some sleepers that did match with you guys - Harding
>and Wilkerson come to mind. This is what makes fantasy
>baseball interesting - diverse opinions and the opportunity to
>rub it in other's faces at the end of the year when you're
>proved correct!

This just might be the best compliment we have ever gotten, so many thanks... the reality is that it is all a crapshoot. As a Dodger fan, recent memory has shown us that prospecting is always gambling.

For the Dodgers, they just made horrific mistakes. Giving up on Konerko. Giving up on Pedro Martinez. Giving chances to Billy Ashley. Karim Garcia. Jose Offerman. Darren Driefort.

Of the four, Beltre, Ordonez, Heilman, and Barmes, Heilman is the most likely bust, in my opinion.

The other three guys will be solid... Barmes in particular.

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2778
Back to Topics

6703 reads


Message #2834 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
From:  
normsy  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/30/06, 9:59pm
I just wanted to clarify, "Shit Sandwich" was the two word review to the Spinal Tap album "Shark Sandwich" not "The Black Album (Smell the Glove)"

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2834
Back to Topics

6698 reads


Message #2838 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  normsy
From:  
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #12 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/31/06, 10:09am
>I just wanted to clarify, "Shit Sandwich" was the two word
>review to the Spinal Tap album "Shark Sandwich" not "The Black
>Album (Smell the Glove)"

I stand corrected.

But, I'm still laughing. Thanks for the correction.

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2838
Back to Topics

6694 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter