BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40708
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Holy Cow!!! Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are placed on the 15-day D.L. " Thread

Message #2798 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Holy Cow!!! Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are placed on the 15-day D.L.
Date:  3/28/06, 7:31pm
Bad news for the north siders..... Even if Prior and Wood were healthy for the entire season, I don't think the Cubs--or anybody else in the N.L. Central-- can overpower the Cardinals. It's up to Carlos Zambrano to pick up the slack on the pitching staff. If Jacque Jones adjusts well to the National League, then the Cubbies could make it close down the stretch.

Reply to Msg #2798
Back to Topics

1483 reads

1036 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2799 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Holy Cow!!! Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are placed on the 15-day D.L.
Date:  3/28/06, 8:12pm
This might be good news for the Cubs! The 15 day DL is quiet an improvement for these guys. They are usually on the 60 day DL or having season ending surgery, so it seems.

Reply to Msg #2799
Back to Topics

6317 reads

Message #2802 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Holy Cow!!! Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are placed on the 15-day D.L.
Date:  3/28/06, 10:14pm
I don't remember seeing these guys pitch anymore it's been so long. I wish the Cubs would have tried to trade these guys long ago. They are all injury and potential with no concrete results. I am not a Cubs fan per se, but watch their games on TV every chance I get on their cable network. It would be more fun watching if they were more competitive as far as pitcheing goes. Zambrano, as good as he may be, pitches a lot of innings and I worry that he can not keep it up all season. The Cubs should have learned from the the league's two SOX teams that the key to breaking the curse is good, HEALTHY, starting pitching. While Jones and Pierre are great pick ups to have with Ramirez and Lee, their pitching still has a lot to be desired. When the Evil Red Sox added Schilling to go with their bats, they flourished. The key to the White Sox winning it all last year was their starting pitching, which all stayed healthy (fortunately for them). The reason why the Cards stay competitive i their pitching and of course Pujols being ungodly. Teams that win this year will all have quality pitching with solid(but not awsome) bats. The Yankees are the prime example of that.

Reply to Msg #2802
Back to Topics

6312 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #2808 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
drrubb  
Date:  3/29/06, 5:56am
Well, not many people would argue that the Yanks have the best line up from top to bottom in baseball, although it is not hard at all for the Yanks to have that kind of talent because they are so much more financially powerful than anybody else in baseball. I qeustion their starting pitching though. Randy Johnson is old. He is still pretty good, but old. I think he is also an injury risk. Mike Mussina isn't that good anymore. He can be lit up. Pavano might be the best pitcher they have. He is pretty solid. I don't know much about that Wang guy. The only constant they really truly have pitching wise is Rivera as the closer. Sturtze is pretty good also. The Yanks will score 7 or 8 runs a game on many days, but probably give up 5 or 6. I have a feeling they'll when a lot of games like that this season. 8 to 7, 8 to 6, 7 to 6, 7 to 5. This is all because of their monsterous line up & their lights out closer Rivera. I don't believe their starting pitching is all that great, which surprises me with as much money & spending power they have over everybody else in baseball. The bats for the Yankees will only make the starting pitchers look adequate. "Hold them to 5 or 6, our line up should be powerful enough to get you 7 or 8." This is probably what the hitters for the Yanks will be saying to the starting pitchers all season long.

Reply to Msg #2808
Back to Topics

2665 reads

Message #2818 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
JCacho  
Date:  3/29/06, 12:35pm
LOL The Yankees are a prime example of good pitching??
The only pitcher that remotely scares me had the highest ERA of his career last season after switching back to the AL. Mussina is done, Pavano is... where? Wang is OK [4.02 ERA], Chacon is OK as well, and Small is injured. Wow Im blown away by that pitching.

Prime examples of good pitching would be of course the White Sox, with 4 Aces in the mix, and a possible 5th if the ChiSox can restore the Javier Vazquez we knew before the Yankees screwed him over, just like they do with most of their pitchers.

Another good example is the Blue Jays with their new combo of Halladay and Burnett, with Chacin and Towers on the side. The rotation has some very good potential.

Reply to Msg #2818
Back to Topics

6309 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter