BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40566
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Longshot Dodgers Win Three in a Row on the back of... Adrian Beltre? " Thread

Message #300 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Longshot Dodgers Win Three in a Row on the back of... Adrian Beltre?
Date:  4/10/04, 12:34pm
After looking completely horrible on Opening Day, the Dodgers have been looking pretty good.I was at Tuesday's game where Adrian hit a 2 run shot, and scored the winning run in the bottom of the 9th.Is he finally living up to the hype? He's 25 years old, and it seems like he's been in the league since he was 15.

Reply to Msg #300
Back to Topics

7831 reads

956 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #301 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Longshot Dodgers Win Three in a Row on the back of... Adrian Beltre
Date:  4/11/04, 11:53am
I'm not surprised at all by the impressive start by the Dodgers as a team. They still have some of the best pitching in the league. But, what's the deal with Adrian Beltre? He's usually "missing in action" until late July. Is he finally living up to his billing as a five-star player? I hope so and if he keeps it up, the Dodgers will take the N.L. West instead of the D-Backs. Things are definitely looking up in Dodgerland now that the Fox people are gone, but one thing bothers me. I've heard that parking in the ballpark is up to ten bucks now. That's more than a purchase of a seat in General Admission and the outfield pavillions. What's up with that?

Reply to Msg #301
Back to Topics

8814 reads

Message #302 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Longshot Dodgers Win Three in a Row on the back of... Adrian Beltre
Date:  4/11/04, 2:04pm
Hey Jaydawg:Yup. I just went to the game on Tuesday. Parking was $10. A Gordon Biersch beer was $7.50 (no, I didn't get one)...Beltre looks absolutely fantastic. My only regret is I didn't draft him.

Reply to Msg #302
Back to Topics

8814 reads

Message #303 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  4/12/04, 10:08pm
As I recall, Beltre wasn't even on the BBM list for third base. The only Dodger infielder listed was Cesar Izturis and there were very few blue crew members in other positions. That explains why I didn't draft a single Dodger in BBM for the first time and this is my eleventh year. Since opening day, the Dodgers have been averaging slightly over 30,000, which is not so good for the first week, considering their amazing start. The price change in parking definitely has something to do with this. It's not so bad, but it's obviously turning away a lot of fans, judging by the looks of those empty blue seats on the reserve level.

Reply to Msg #303
Back to Topics

8811 reads

Message #304 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  4/13/04, 1:32pm
I was very surprised at the lack of turnout on the first night game of the year. It was just over 26,000.This was, essentially, "Opening Night."I don't think a $2 increase in parking is turning fans away. I think it is more an issue of the team not making as good an effort as the other local team in making a better team.Unfortunately, the Dodgers aren't as good as their current record. I think they'll be lucky to go .500 this year.If Jeff Weaver, somehow, can turn things around (and he has looked good so far), the Dodgers have a slight chance at gaining respectability (and fans in the seats).

Reply to Msg #304
Back to Topics

8810 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter