BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39597
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Billy Wagner had some choice words for his former Philly teammates; how will Philly fans react " Thread

Message #3408 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Billy Wagner had some choice words for his former Philly teammates; how will Philly fans react
Date:  5/08/06, 2:06pm
Here come the batteries!

From the article:

Wagner told The Philadelphia Inquirer for Sunday's editions that he was not well-liked in the Phillies clubhouse, his former teammates were waiting to see him fail and left fielder Pat Burrell called him a "rat" during a midseason team meeting last year.

Reply to Msg #3408
Back to Topics

2899 reads

2254 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3409 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Re: Billy Wagner had some choice words for his former Philly teammates; how will Philly fans react
Date:  5/8/06, 6:09pm
When I was in Philly last year for the Sox/Phillies series, Wagner warmed up all three days with his little boys - and Mike Timlin and his son. He didn't spend any time with the Phillies players before the game.

Not that it means anything.

Do fans really throw batteries? This is the second time today I've seen this reference (I've heard it before, but really thought it was a thing of the past).

Jonathan Papelbon claims fans threw batteries at the Red Sox last year when he went to Yankees Stadium with the team.

I'm disappointed that Wagner seems to be taking the Johnny Damon road here - "I had to sign somewhere else for more money because they didn't want me here".

Just shut up and pitch, Billy.

Reply to Msg #3409
Back to Topics

3583 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter