BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39142
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks PodCast 22 now online... link goes to direct download to podcast (and it works this time!)" Thread

Message #3624 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks PodCast 22 now online... link goes to direct download to podcast (and it works this time!)
Date:  6/03/06, 10:14am
This Week in Geek features Clemens' return, Bonds 715, the Dodgers troubles and youth, a GM change, noteworthy moves and injuries, and players returning; Week 9 in review; fantasy forecast for Week 10; False Rumors

Time: 1 hr, 8 mins

I think I have finally figured out how to get a direct mp3 download link... it is DAMNED cryptic... but it works.

This week we are having a contest. Design your own baseballgeeks.com podcast t-shirt, wear it at a ballpark, and take a pic of yourself wearing it at the ballpark. You might win $50.

Reply to Msg #3624
Back to Topics

6048 reads

1117 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3625 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast 22 now online... link goes to direct download to podcast (and it works this time!)
Date:  6/3/06, 2:33pm
Gregg & Rob, the Philadelphia Phillies radio/play by play guy is Harry Kalis.(not sure if I'm spelling his last name right).

He also was the voice in NFL films. He also did the voice over highlights of games on HBO's Inside the NFL.

Reply to Msg #3625
Back to Topics

6650 reads

Message #3626 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
familyman  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast 22 now online... link goes to direct download to podcast (and it works this time!)
Date:  6/3/06, 4:46pm
Thanks, drrubb. I just couldn't place exactly where I heard that voice -- it's almost eerie to hear him speak unscripted because he sounds so smooth.

Reply to Msg #3626
Back to Topics

6649 reads

Message #3627 of 6634  *NEW*
familyman  
Date:  6/3/06, 4:47pm
Rob, I tip my hate to you for making these podcasts work, technically. Now let's see some t-shirts!

Reply to Msg #3627
Back to Topics

6649 reads

Message #3641 of 6634  *NEW*
jdenkmire  
Date:  6/6/06, 5:34pm
Listening to the podcast now - as a sidenote, you are absolutely right. The ex-Royals GM's name is Allard Baird, not Allan or Alan or anything else. Don't know where Gregg found the info about "Alan" but...he's wrong.

Josh

Reply to Msg #3641
Back to Topics

6645 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter