BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40540
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Why Having MLB.TV is Cool " Thread

Message #364 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Why Having MLB.TV is Cool
Date:  4/30/04, 7:34pm
[Link goes to baseball-reference.com summary for Mark Grace]I was watching/listening to the Phillies-DBacks game this evening on mlb.tv, and I just discovered a wonderful, additional reason to subscribe to the service -- the banter that sometimes occurs between color man and main guy during commercial breaks.An exchange begins between Mark Grace and Dbacks broadcaster Thom Brennaman...Grace: Do you really want me to answer this? What we really talk about at first base is all the pussy in the stands.[commercial break ends, Brennaman reads out a viewer email that asks "what do you guys talk about at first base"]Grace: Just depends on how well you know the guy. We exchange pleasantries for the most part.I liked the behind-the-scenes response so much more.

Reply to Msg #364
Back to Topics

4372 reads

2829 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #365 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Why Having MLB.TV is Coo
Date:  5/2/04, 10:34am
Forget the commercials on the broadcasts. I'd be willing to pay to hear that kind of colorful exchange. For that matter, so would a lot of other people. I'm curious to find out what Vin Scully says during the commercial breaks, particularly during bad games. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea for a new reality television program.

Reply to Msg #365
Back to Topics

4380 reads

Message #366 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Why Having MLB.TV is Coo
Date:  5/4/04, 6:25pm
Unfortunately, those games are blacked out... in fact, the biggest pain in the arse about mlb.tv is that oftentimes, they'll black out ALL California games for me (including Oakland, SF, and San Diego).I can understand L.A. and Anaheim, though...

Reply to Msg #366
Back to Topics

6158 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter