BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40031
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Asinine Ideas : 1…Preserving Sport Integrity : 0 " Thread

Message #380 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
RichKaz  
Subject:  Asinine Ideas : 1…Preserving Sport Integrity : 0
Date:  5/5/04, 5:58pm
Please say this is NOT going to happen. I almost can't imagine anything worse than the incredibly perverse world of Marketing infiftlrating the actual field of play. The walls we can live with, but the actual BASES?

Reply to Msg #380
Back to Topics

9766 reads

929 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #381 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  RichKaz
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Asinine Ideas : 1…Preserving Sport Integrity :
Date:  5/6/04, 12:43am
And all this for a measly $3.5 million?Let's balance the equation...Integrity of the game on one side. $3.5 million dollars on the other. The only way I could think this would even be considered would be if the $3.5 million would be lining only a very few people's pockets.Note to the sports media: follow Selig everywhere he goes, and make sure that he isn't currently in the market for a team of new Bentleys for his driveway.

Reply to Msg #381
Back to Topics

10288 reads

Message #382 of 6634  *NEW*
BorgHunter  
Date:  5/6/04, 7:20pm
Next up: Uniforms? I hope not: as Reedster said, this is about the integrity of the game. Major League Baseball is becoming NASCAR. ::shudder::

Reply to Msg #382
Back to Topics

3438 reads

Message #383 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  5/6/04, 9:57pm
Imagine a future game with Vin Scully describing how Eric Gagne is grimacing on the Walmart Mound after Barry Bonds hits a homer into the King Taco pavillion seats at Wells Fargo Stadium (formerly known as Dodger Stadium). YIKES!!! Hopefully, Selig won't let it get out of hand.

Reply to Msg #383
Back to Topics

10278 reads

Message #384 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/7/04, 12:55am
AMEN!!! Changes like these are not good for the game at all! I still think Major League Baseball needs a salary cap structure also! Selig & Stienbrenner like to have anal intercourse with each other!

Reply to Msg #384
Back to Topics

10277 reads

Message #385 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  5/7/04, 12:41pm
Jaydawg: You crack me up! King Taco Pavillion almost made me spit up my coffee.Drrubb, on the other hand, almost made me yak my coffee by using the phrase "anal intercourse" and "Steinbrenner" in the same sentence.Of course, I agree that Steinbrenner and Selig are "arseholes" so the phrase, I suppose, is appropriate.

Reply to Msg #385
Back to Topics

10273 reads

Message #386 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/8/04, 1:40am
Hope I didn't make you yak too hard Jaydawg!

Reply to Msg #386
Back to Topics

10272 reads

Message #387 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  5/15/04, 9:44am
There's an argument that advertisements on uniforms would help small-market teams gain more revenue to compete with the teams from larger cities. That's total hogwash, as the Yankees and other big city teams would benefit the most on this type of thing. The Yankees are already wearing an advertisement for Epson Printers on their batting helmets.

Reply to Msg #387
Back to Topics

10272 reads

Message #388 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/16/04, 8:03am
Absolutely disgusting!

Reply to Msg #388
Back to Topics

10270 reads

Message #1249 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Asinine Ideas : 1…Preserving Sport Integrity : 0
Date:  5/1/05, 12:38am
These advertisement deals are getting way out of hand. Have you noticed that just about every team in the league has a Bank of America Dugout? There's a DHL Bullpen at Dodger Stadium. Expect to see an In-N-Out On-Deck Circle soon to a ballpark near you. Baseball Stadiums are starting to look like a typical NASCAR track without the Confederate Flag.

Reply to Msg #1249
Back to Topics

10267 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter