BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40091
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Day of Carlton Milestones " Thread

Message #389 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Day of Carlton Milestones
Date:  5/6/04, 12:28am
Mike Piazza passes Carlton Fisk for most homeruns hit by a MLB catcher -- 352.Roger Clemens strikesout Raul Mondesi for the second time to pass Steve Carlton for 2nd place on the all-time strikeout list.Gotta love ESPN's headline on this one: "Smoking Carltons."I didn't think about the fact that both players passed were Carltons.

Reply to Msg #389
Back to Topics

4411 reads

590 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #390 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
BorgHunter  
Subject:  Re: Day of Carlton Milestone
Date:  5/6/04, 7:19pm
Oddly, my dad actually does smoke Carltons. I've been trying to get him to quit for years.

/offtopic

Reply to Msg #390
Back to Topics

5490 reads

Message #391 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Day of Carlton Milestone
Date:  5/7/04, 7:59pm
In reference to Mike Piazza's homerun milestones, I have a fond memory of that Sunday afternoon in September of 1997 when he hit the ball out of Dodger Stadium. It's appropriate to mention this since my Paternal Grandfather was there, along with my Dad, my brother Chris (A.K.A. Dodger Refugee), and I. The thrill of seeing it was something that happens once in a lifetime because it was the first time it happened since Willie Stargell hit it out in 1973. Now, keep in mind that my Grandfather was from Wales, where Baseball is as foreign as Rugby is in America. As you can imagine, fans jumped up and down with excitement after the ball sailed over the Left Field Pavillion. Granddad immediately tapped my shoulder and said, "Jay Jay, what's all the fuss about?" That's a day I'll always cherish. Unfortunately, my Grandfather passed away earlier today at the age of 81.

REST IN PEACE, GRANDDAD!!

Reply to Msg #391
Back to Topics

5489 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter