BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40289
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Yankees Send Jose Contreras to Single A " Thread

Message #392 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Yankees Send Jose Contreras to Single A
Date:  5/6/04, 12:40am
Ouch! Rotoworld reports that this is all in Contreras' head. If so, how will a stint in single A -- direct from the big leagues -- do anything to help that.If we see Contreras implode in Single A now, I fear a meltdown of "Ankiel" proportions.

Reply to Msg #392
Back to Topics

5858 reads

864 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #393 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
BorgHunter  
Subject:  Re: Yankees Send Jose Contreras to Single
Date:  5/6/04, 7:18pm
The Rays did the same thing with Dewon Brazelton last year, and he's fighting his way back up and is in AAA right now, ready to get a call up. I don't think Contreras will blow up like Ankiel, but, since this is the Yankees, I would not mind that. :-)

Reply to Msg #393
Back to Topics

6532 reads

Message #394 of 6634  *NEW*
RedSux  
Date:  5/10/04, 1:56pm
graphic
Contreras needs to be taken out of the starting rotation. It doesn't matter if it is in his head or not, when you screw the pooch on a regular basis, something needs to be done. It doesn't matter if he implodes in Single A. If he does, then he will be out of a job when he contract runs out. The Yankees (and the rest of baseball) are in the business of winning ball games.

Reply to Msg #394
Back to Topics

6530 reads

Message #395 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/16/04, 7:47am
Unfortunately, the rest of baseball can't make moves like the Yankees atleast from a financial standpoint! Can somebody please say SALARY CAP!!!Selig needs to quit giving Stienbrenner oral sex, to put it nicely! You know Steinbrenner wants to keep baseball's financial structure the way it is so he can have that unfair advantage over everybody every season just by the Yankees sheer financial power.I think Selig is getting some kickback under the table from Stienbrenner to keep the financial structure of baseball the way it is. It's a conspiracy!

Reply to Msg #395
Back to Topics

6527 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter