BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40437
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "MLB Has the Spidey Sense to Pull the Spider Ads " Thread

Message #396 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  MLB Has the Spidey Sense to Pull the Spider Ads
Date:  5/6/04, 8:44pm
Give it up for Selig and crew for doing the right thing for baseball, and not giving a deaf ear to the fans.

Reply to Msg #396
Back to Topics

5869 reads

986 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #397 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: MLB Has the Spidey Sense to Pull the Spider Ad
Date:  5/7/04, 12:38pm
I failed to note that it's just the bases... which is good enough for me.I hate to say it, but Fox's advertising explosion at Dodger Stadium has numbed me to most advertising at Dodger Stadium.In fact, Dodger Stadium has always been identified by me via advertising... since I was a kid. Even my baseball purist brothers will agree with me, I'm sure, that the sight of a Union 76 ball gives me/them great feelings and memories of the Dodger Blue.I do have to admit that it does irk me a bit that my future children are going to get nostalgic in the future when they see an Adelphia ad or Subway Sandwich logo, though.Especially Adelphia... [shudder].

Reply to Msg #397
Back to Topics

6695 reads

Message #398 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  5/8/04, 4:31pm
Yes, I have great memories of seeing those Union 76 logos as a kid. There's nothing wrong with a few sponsors as long as it doesn't get out of control in the way it has recently at Dodger Stadium. The way I see it, those Union 76 balls represented loyalty because they were above the scoreboards since the ballpark opened in 1962. Under the O'Malley's, the Dodger organization personified loyalty. However, after the Fox people took over, much of that ended as Chavez Ravine filled up with advertisements of Coca Cola, Budweiser, King Taco, etc.

Reply to Msg #398
Back to Topics

6693 reads

Message #399 of 6634  *NEW*
RedSux  
Date:  5/10/04, 2:02pm
graphic
The real problem with this is that, from most camera angles, and the stands, those logos were going to look like red dots, not a noticeable spiderweb pattern.Baseball was going to sell out for ads that can't even make any difference other than pissing off the fans that know something is up?

Reply to Msg #399
Back to Topics

6689 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter