BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40192
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Dodgers get busy: trade Izturis to Cubs for Maddux; trade propect Joel Guzman to DRays for Lugo " Thread

Message #3930 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Dodgers get busy: trade Izturis to Cubs for Maddux; trade propect Joel Guzman to DRays for Lugo
Date:  7/31/06, 1:57pm
Yikes.

Maddux move was okay, in my opinion.

But, Guzman (last year) was one of the highest touted prospects in all of baseball. I guess this means he has really been stinking it up, but for Lugo?

I think we will be filing this latter trade in the "Delino Deshields" file in a few years, with me saying things like: "Remember when the Dodgers had this kid, Guzman, who just broke the single season record for homeruns?"

Reply to Msg #3930
Back to Topics

5490 reads

2294 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3932 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
squanto  
Subject:  Re: Dodgers get busy: trade Izturis to Cubs for Maddux; trade propect Joel Guzman to DRays for Lugo
Date:  7/31/06, 2:10pm
graphic
Nothing will equal the Delino DeShields debacle! Jeez we need Nomar and Kent back....

Reply to Msg #3932
Back to Topics

6155 reads

Message #3934 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Dodgers get busy: trade Izturis to Cubs for Maddux; trade propect Joel Guzman to DRays for Lugo
Date:  7/31/06, 6:46pm
Rob, I don't know a whole lot about that prospect, but I do know that Julio Lugo is one the most underated shortstops in baseball. Lugo don't get the credit he deserves because he played in Tampa. I think your going to be pleasantly surprised. Lugo & Betemit on the left side of the Dodger infield should be quiet formidable & suprisingly very good.

Reply to Msg #3934
Back to Topics

6151 reads

Message #3935 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
drrubb  
Date:  7/31/06, 6:50pm
Quiet frankly, I hate the fact that Tampa Bay couldn't afford to keep Lugo around. I hope he is as productive in LA as he was in Tampa.

Reply to Msg #3935
Back to Topics

6150 reads

Message #3937 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Guest19962 (IP: 24.187.27.196)  
Date:  8/1/06, 2:29pm
Meh. You just made room for one of your many Elite prospects. No biggie.

Reply to Msg #3937
Back to Topics

6148 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter