BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40920
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Greg Maddux pitches six no-hit innings in his Dodger debut before leaving after a rain delay in Cincinnati " Thread

Message #3958 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Greg Maddux pitches six no-hit innings in his Dodger debut before leaving after a rain delay in Cincinnati
Date:  8/03/06, 9:04pm
Grady Little made the wrong decision on this one. Rain delay or not, Maddux shouldn't have been taken out with a two-run lead on a game that had the potential to be an historic one for the Dodgers, not to mention the Mad Dog's career. If Maddux came in during the seventh and gave up a hit or even a couple of walks, then it would've been understandable if Little yanked him out of there.

Reply to Msg #3958
Back to Topics

2474 reads

1075 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3961 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Greg Maddux pitches six no-hit innings in his Dodger debut before leaving after a rain delay in Cincinnati
Date:  8/4/06, 7:57am
I didn't know this was as a result of a rain delay. I had a poker night last night and only heard that Maddux was taken out in the 6th with a no hitter. Makes more sense now.

"After two or three innings, you can sit around for an hour and go back out there," Maddux (10-11) said. "I've done that, but after six innings, I've never done that. In this ballpark, two runs is nothing, and they've got a lot of guys who can hit it out."

Dodgers manager Grady Little said decision like those "are all about the clock and the man."

"After 45 minutes, we didn't want to take a chance," Little said. "He said he had a no-hitter in Little League that would last him the rest of his life. We have priorities now."

This explains it... and it makes perfect sense. I love the class that is Greg Maddux. The Little League no hitter is enough for Greg for the rest of his life. Were I manager, I would have laughed at that comment til I peed my pants.

Reply to Msg #3961
Back to Topics

3193 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter