BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40417
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Seattle shows interest in hiring their former second baseman, Harold Reynolds as a broadcaster, says Mariner V.P. of Communications Randy Adamack " Thread

Message #3956 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Seattle shows interest in hiring their former second baseman, Harold Reynolds as a broadcaster, says Mariner V.P. of Communications Randy Adamack
Date:  8/03/06, 8:34pm
The best move would be for the Mariners to hold out on hiring Reynolds at least until the controversies surrounding him are resolved. Even if he's convicted of sexual harrassment, it wouldn't necessarily mean the end of his broadcasting career. Look at Marv Albert.

Reply to Msg #3956
Back to Topics

2626 reads

1920 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3960 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Seattle shows interest in hiring their former second baseman, Harold Reynolds as a broadcaster, says Mariner V.P. of Communications Randy Adamack
Date:  8/4/06, 7:54am
Well, first... sexual harrassment, while very bad, is not a criminal charge (that I know of... I stand to be corrected, but I don't know anyone who got prison time for it).

So, the issue is solely a civil (read: money) matter, potentially.

Second, I have heard no news that anyone was filing a lawsuit against ESPN or Harold directly.

So, I don't have any problem with this hiring, personally.

Reply to Msg #3960
Back to Topics

3353 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter