BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40409
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks PodCast #1, Volume 2 is now online... where Rob talks about the best infielders of 2006 according to Playertrack.com" Thread

Message #4308 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks PodCast #1, Volume 2 is now online... where Rob talks about the best infielders of 2006 according to Playertrack.com
Date:  3/10/07, 10:05pm
The BGeeks podcast is back, but without Gregg for this first one, as Rob discusses the best infielders of 2006 from PlayerTrack.com results.

Gregg will be back soon!

About 28 minutes running time.

Reply to Msg #4308
Back to Topics

3704 reads

1132 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4309 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #1, Volume 2 is now online... where Rob talks about the best infielders of 2006 according to Playertrack.com
Date:  3/10/07, 11:57pm
Glad to hear your voice again Rob! I listened to all 28 minutes. Good job as usual. I liked your trade even though I've never done a money league, I still understand the logic. I believe that trade is a good one under the 5x5 set up. I'm sure you'll find a decent relief pitcher or 2 with some closing potential elsewhere even though Nathan was a pretty big save guy. Even though Derek Lee is a solid first baseman, you have to wonder how well he'll bouce back after that wrist injury that plagued him seemingly for most of the season last year. I do like the potential power display the Cubs line up will have this upcoming season. However, you can't really beat Pujols, especially in 5x5 leagues. In BBM, I might have not done this trade, unless I had plenty of spending power because we both know how much Pujols is going to cost. Probably near or at 5 million in the BBM set up. Lee & Nathan combined would probably fall short of what Pujols would be worth. In BBM, I would rather have Lee & Nathan instead of Pujols providing Lee is completely healthy & putting up numbers like he did in 2004 & 2005, also knowing that those 2 are cheaper than Pujols, which would give me more spending power in free agency.

Reply to Msg #4309
Back to Topics

4792 reads

Message #4310 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Newey  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #1, Volume 2 is now online... where Rob talks about the best infielders of 2006 according to Playertrack.com
Date:  3/11/07, 11:57am
graphic
Hey Rob,

Good to see the Podcast up and running. Enjoyed getting to hear you wax intellectual on the top choices for infielders in the coming year. I'm in the middle of my many fantasy drafts and running through the same numbers myself.

My goal this year is to be more active on these boards. I found the podcast early last year and made a few posts on a BGeeks blog and in the forums, but eventually my laziness consumed me. I did stay around to listen to you and Gregg throughout the season and enjoyed the back-and-forth banter.

I'm trying out a keeper league for the first time this year as well as a Scoresheet baseball league to branch out from the Roto and Head-to-Head styles that I've been involved with the last 6 or 7 years. Although I've never been involved in an auction-style fantasy league, I'm hoping to get some thoughts together for an analysis on your Pujols transaction.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to listening to the next one.

Reply to Msg #4310
Back to Topics

4785 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter