BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40032
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Yankees might make a deal for Andruw Jones " Thread

Message #4368 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Yankees might make a deal for Andruw Jones
Date:  3/24/07, 9:28pm (Last Edited: 3/27/07, 2:00pm)
The Yanks would be smart to make a deal for Jones, since they're likely to lose A-Rod by next season. The way it looks now, they also need some pitching help.

Reply to Msg #4368
Back to Topics

7847 reads

1786 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4371 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Yankees might make a deal for Andruw Jones
Date:  3/24/07, 11:45pm (Last Edited: 3/27/07, 4:34pm)
I guess it's about time for me to start my Yankee bashing again! Don't tell me the Braves can't afford Andruw Jones. He is their most valuable player in my opinion. Sherholtz just needs to quit being such a cheap son of a bitch & show Andruw the money.xIf one player has deserved a new contract with the Braves, it's Andruw Jones. He hits for power, drives in runs, & his defense is steller. He is like having a good relief pitcher because he'll save you a run a ballgame just by his defense in centerfield. Sherholtz, for ONCE, PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess this would be more like Sherholtz bashing!

Reply to Msg #4371
Back to Topics

8566 reads

Message #4381 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
attacksquad  
Date:  3/27/07, 1:42pm (Last Edited: 3/27/07, 4:39pm)
I agree that Jones is worth the money. The Braves would lose a real fan favorite also. You cannot replace him defensively, and that is what sets him apart from other sluggers. However, the Braves are the one team with the farm system to rebuild without him.

Reply to Msg #4381
Back to Topics

8565 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #4382 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  3/27/07, 2:03pm (Last Edited: 3/27/07, 4:33pm)
The unfortunate thing is that the Braves are very near the "rebuilding phase." The potential for a mammoth contract for Jones versus trying to get some very good prospects somewhere else will definitely be tempting.

Chipper seems to be always ailing (but excellent when he is playing). You have Smoltz applying for his AARP card. They gave up on Laroche. There are going to be some major doldrums in Atlanta very soon, unless they start building from the ground up.

How about trading Jones to the Dodgers? The Braves seem to like to dump their high priced talent there. (grin)

Reply to Msg #4382
Back to Topics

8560 reads

Message #4384 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Date:  3/27/07, 11:36pm
Yeah, like Betemit Rob. You Dodgers got a good one there. The Braves also gave up on him wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooo early, like they did LaRoche. You can even go back to guys like Jermaine Dye who the Braves gave up on way too soon in my humble opinion & look what Dye has been doing. He has turned into a fine major league ball player, as well as Matthews Jr. who the Braves also had.

Reply to Msg #4384
Back to Topics

8557 reads

Message #4411 of 6634  *NEW*
attacksquad  
Date:  4/2/07, 2:53pm
If a deal happened to where Jones somehow ended up a Dodger, who do you think would be given up? If I were Atlanta, I'd insist on Matt Kemp being included on that deal, along with a prospect or so. Didn't Furcal come from Atlanta or am I worng about that?

Reply to Msg #4411
Back to Topics

8557 reads

Message #4415 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
drrubb  
Date:  4/2/07, 5:30pm
Yes, Furcal did come from Atlanta. If Andruw gets traded, I just hope it's not to the f#$&%ng Yankees. I hate those bastards!

Reply to Msg #4415
Back to Topics

8554 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter