BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39398
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks PodCast #7: The nutty season so far, a look at some fantasy questions, and our forecast for Week 4 (link, as always, goes to direct download of the podcast)" Thread

Message #4474 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks PodCast #7: The nutty season so far, a look at some fantasy questions, and our forecast for Week 4 (link, as always, goes to direct download of the podcast)
Date:  4/21/07, 2:26pm
This week in geek we look at the nutty season so far, including Buerhle, Pujols, and Charlie Manuel. We look at hot and cold performers, answer some fantasy questions, and forecast Week 4.

Reply to Msg #4474
Back to Topics

4512 reads

1306 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4480 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #7: The nutty season so far, a look at some fantasy questions, and our forecast for Week 4 (link, as always, goes to direct download of the podcast)
Date:  4/23/07, 6:03am
Enjoyed the show Rob & Gregg, as always! I like the way you 2 have seemingly become a little more casual with your podcast, meaning you 2 can casually cut up on just about anything including baseball. It just shows that you guys have some personality & your just not so straight laced with baseball facts & statistics.

I feel your pain on the Beat the Geeks league. The first 2 weeks I stayed in 2nd place. Now I am somehow in 9th I believe. I'm starting to think I'm just not anygood at the 5x5 roto stuff. I thought I drafted a pretty good team that could atleast stay in the top half of the league. Now I'm not so sure. I'm really trying to patient with my players, even though I did cut bait with LaRoche. I just see all of these other guys in the league picking up players right & left. Then I question myself. Am I staying on top of things or am I just trying to stay patient? I just don't feel I have anybody I can cut.

Maybe the Takalakaman was right about me & my draft.

I drafted Hanley Ramirez first because I wanted steals right away. There are so few prime basestealers in baseball & I wanted to make damn sure I got one of them. That was my biggest problem in the league last season(lack of steals). I thought I had a well rounded draft. I got Hanley Ramirez & Brandon Phillips for steals. Plus, those 2 guys can hit the baseball fairly well. I liked the prospects of Phillips hitting in Cincinnati. I got Aramis Ramirez at 3rd for power numbers. I got LaRoche late in the draft thinking he would tear it up in Pittsburgh. I was thinking sleeper there. I got Vernon Wells for average & power. Jason Bay, decent power & good average I was thinking, Alex Rios, decent power & average. Wells & Rios can also throw in a few steals. Eric Byrnes, good all around.

My pitching: Roy Halladay, CC Sabathia, Dontrelle Willis. 3 decent closers, Todd Jones, Tom Gordan, JJ Putz. Throw in Jeol Zumaya & Derrick Turnbow.

I thought I had a pretty good team that should be pretty good in every category. What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

Reply to Msg #4480
Back to Topics

4033 reads

Message #4483 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #7: The nutty season so far, a look at some fantasy questions, and our forecast for Week 4 (link, as always, goes to direct download of the podcast)
Date:  4/24/07, 9:07am (Last Edited: 4/24/07, 9:08am)
The difference maker in a 10-11 team 5x5 league is that you should have at least one or two upper tier guys. By drafting Hanley as early as you did (as a #1), this was the mistake.

Solidifying steals is a good idea, but preferably at the #2 at the highest. This is why I don't like Carl Crawford (this year, at least) as a #1... yes, this was Gregg's idea and not mine.

I still like your team... your pitching will take you far, I think... so, at this point, my advice would be to ride your team's coattails as they heat up... then, trade for need.

Reply to Msg #4483
Back to Topics

5154 reads

Message #4486 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Date:  4/25/07, 5:23am
Thanks for the advice & analysis o'great one!

Reply to Msg #4486
Back to Topics

5151 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter