BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40200
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Selig threatens to suspend Jason Giambi if he refuses to cooperate with George Mitchell's investigation " Thread

Message #4671 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Selig threatens to suspend Jason Giambi if he refuses to cooperate with George Mitchell's investigation
Date:  6/14/07, 9:23pm
Giambi brought this on himself once he decided on May 18th to pull a Rafael Palmeiro.

Reply to Msg #4671
Back to Topics

5982 reads

1404 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4675 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Selig threatens to suspend Jason Giambi if he refuses to cooperate with George Mitchell's investigation
Date:  6/14/07, 10:08pm
Yeah, he should learn to keep his mouth shut however, his points were well made and spot on. Major League baseball, everyone associated with it, needs to apologize to the fans for the steroids situation.

The one thing I am worried about his Selig over-stepping his bounds. Giambi did not fail a drug test (even though the Yankees would have you believe otherwise) nor did he do anything on field to deserve a suspension. If Selig does this, it will open the door for him to go after every player to rat on fellow players. No one will go for this.

Reply to Msg #4675
Back to Topics

6750 reads

Message #4676 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
reyes4mvp  
Subject:  Trade
Date:  6/15/07, 5:43am
In my fantasy league i recieved a trade in which i would recieve Victor Martinez and Rafeal Furcal for Hanley Ramirez and Brian McCann. Would this be a fair trade for me knowning that i lack in power and excel in speed (I have ichiro and reyes)?

Reply to Msg #4676
Back to Topics

6746 reads

Message #4677 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  reyes4mvp
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Trade
Date:  6/15/07, 1:01pm
I would suggest against it. Hanley has some pop and McCann hasn't been hitting up to potential so far this season. Furcal won't give you any power. If you look at last years numbers Victor Martinez and Hanley Ramirez have similar home run numbers so I don't see the upside for you. Especially if you are in a keeper league, Ramirez and McCann are both younger than Martinez and Furcal.

On a side note, I don't think that Saltalamacchia will be catching for the Braves. First base will probably be his position moving forward.

Reply to Msg #4677
Back to Topics

6743 reads

Message #4682 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  reyes4mvp
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Trade
Date:  6/16/07, 1:19pm (Last Edited: 6/16/07, 2:45pm)
graphic
I like John's analysis, but this isn't the worst deal in the world. The bottom line ? is whether you think McCann is sophomore jinxed. I don't.

McCann hit 6 HRs in the first half of last season. Second half? 18. Now, you know why the other guy trading with you wants McCann.

Essentially, you are trading two guys who are liable to do better in both SBs and HRs... so you are arguably helping the other team rather than yourself. Hanley is liable to get 50-60 SBs. McCann will get 20+ HRs. So, analyze this trade with that in mind. McCann will likely give you 18+ more HRs in a HR scarce position, and this is really important.

**I re-read your post... because you have Ichiro and Reyes, you don't need to make this deal. I wouldn't. Victor Martinez is great and arguably less of a gamble than McCann... BUT, McCann was the second best fantasy catcher in all of baseball last year according to PlayerTrack. His second half last year makes him worth the gamble the rest of the way this year, in my opinion.

TRADE Hanley, Ichiro, or Reyes for 40+ HR power. It is that simple. Reyes will give you top of the line trading power... he looks to steal 75+, though.

Reply to Msg #4682
Back to Topics

6741 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter