BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40172
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "This video of the hearings pretty much sets out why Clemens' is likely lying... " Thread

Message #4864 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  This video of the hearings pretty much sets out why Clemens' is likely lying...
Date:  2/15/08, 3:47pm
graphic
I agree with the sentiments of the Congressman entirely. Just a sad state of affairs all around.

I am wondering what kind of backlash this is going to have on Pettitte.

Reply to Msg #4864
Back to Topics

5225 reads

1275 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4865 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: This video of the hearings pretty much sets out why Clemens' is likely lying...
Date:  2/15/08, 6:00pm
Hopefully quite a lot. I would love to see the Yankees cut him in disgrace but I know that the Evil Empire will never do this. This off-season has been really depressing....but it is nice to see you guys are back.

Reply to Msg #4865
Back to Topics

6069 reads

Message #4868 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
bballfan12  
Subject:  Re: This video of the hearings pretty much sets out why Clemens' is likely lying...
Date:  2/20/08, 10:57am

Anyone that thinks he isn't lying is a bone head.

Reply to Msg #4868
Back to Topics

6067 reads

Message #4871 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
Rob Reed  
Date:  2/20/08, 11:02am
graphic
Thanks, John... it is nice to be back.

Personally, I don't think any backlash should be placed on Pettitte. He was forced into a corner, and he made the very honest decision to simply tell the truth to the best of his recollection.

No reasonable thinking baseball fan can say that they never at least suspected Clemens of performance enhancement for the simple reason that the best years of his career came in the latter end (best ERA, for one). The only difference between the suspicion between Clemens and Bonds, in my view, is that Clemens is likeable, so we try very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reply to Msg #4871
Back to Topics

6066 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter