BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40412
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Pujols says that he can get through the season (and maybe his career) without surgery to his elbow " Thread

Message #4909 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Pujols says that he can get through the season (and maybe his career) without surgery to his elbow
Date:  3/13/08, 3:46pm
graphic
From the article:

Team physician Dr. George Paletta provided details of Pujols' injury for the first time last week, disclosing that the superstar has a high-grade tear of the ulnar collateral ligament along with bone spurs, inflammation and arthritis in the joint. At some point, Paletta said, surgery that would sideline Pujols for an estimated eight months may be required.

But not yet.

Pujols remains the big bat in the Cardinals' lineup, hammering his fourth homer in only 27 spring at-bats on Wednesday off the Marlins' Gaby Hernandez. He's batting .370.

"I'm seeing the ball really good and I feel real good at the plate," Pujols said. "Obviously, it's the hard work I put in before the game and on my days off."

When Paletta's diagnosis became news last week, Pujols was shocked when friends called to ask if he was OK. He briefly wondered if the Cardinals were withholding information from him.

His conclusion: slow news day.

Reply to Msg #4909
Back to Topics

1735 reads

1811 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter