BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39069
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Joba Chamberlain will begin in the bullpen for the Yanks " Thread

Message #4933 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Joba Chamberlain will begin in the bullpen for the Yanks
Date:  3/20/08, 07:21am
graphic
While his fantasy value is lessened, I think it is only slightly. Two things are going to happen by July: Rivera will be ineffective or a starter will be ineffective.

I believe it will be Mike Mussina who will be in effective (my 2008 outlook for Moose is "put a fork in him"), and Chamberlain will replace that spot.

Even if Joba stays in the bullpen, as I have said numerous times, I love the middle relief concept for fantasy in ANY format... especially in ALL leagues as seasons close and you want to solidify your place in WHIP and ERA.

Reply to Msg #4933
Back to Topics

2650 reads

1475 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4935 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
Eagleye290  
Subject:  Re: Joba Chamberlain will begin in the bullpen for the Yanks
Date:  3/20/08, 8:30am
>Two things are going to happen by July: Rivera will
>be ineffective or a starter will be ineffective.

A pox on you for such horrifying words.

But in all seriousness without a doubt one starter will be ineffective and most likely it will be Moose. It's a matter of not if but when Joba is in the rotation as it wouldn't surprise me to see them pull Mussina in June or even May if he's struggling.

Reply to Msg #4935
Back to Topics

3324 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter