BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40351
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Peavy denies using pine tar on hand " Thread

Message #4988 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Peavy denies using pine tar on hand
Date:  4/07/08, 7:31pm
ESPN showed pictures inside of his fingers and it seems to me to be something other than "dirt or sweat" as Dodger Russell Martin suggested. As a baseball fan, I sure hope Peavy has only been dominating because of natural ability, rather than an aid such as pine tar, which got Kenny Rogers suspended a few years back. Expect to hear more of this controversy in the upcoming weeks.

Reply to Msg #4988
Back to Topics

3933 reads

1505 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4990 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
aavenoso  
Subject:  Re: Peavy denies using pine tar on hand
Date:  4/7/08, 9:00pm
Pine tar should be legal on a pitchers hands. It puts nothing onto a pitch it mearely gives the pitchers a better grip. The natural ability arguement is crap because bats have gottan lighter, infeild's have been getting cut shorter, fences are coming in, and pitchers have gottan nothing in terms of rule changes.

Fyi, all the pine tar in the world wouldnt make Livan Hernandez into Jake Peavy, so yeah, Im pretty sure its been Peavy's ability this whole time.

Reply to Msg #4990
Back to Topics

4678 reads

Message #4992 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  aavenoso
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Peavy denies using pine tar on hand
Date:  4/7/08, 11:04pm
graphic
>Fyi, all the pine tar in the world wouldnt make Livan
>Hernandez into Jake Peavy, so yeah, Im pretty sure its been
>Peavy's ability this whole time.

This is the point that I have consistently made about Bonds and steroids. Replace pine tar with steroids, Livan Hernandez with Jeremy Giambi, and Peavy with Baybo.

/I agree, by the way

Reply to Msg #4992
Back to Topics

4677 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter