BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40725
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Julio Franco ends his almost triple decade career at age 49 " Thread

Message #5157 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Julio Franco ends his almost triple decade career at age 49
Date:  5/04/08, 01:03am
Kudos to Franco for hanging around and simply playing for the love of the game. He made his debut for the Phillies in April 1982 when I was finishing up the second grade. Amazing baseball career, but is he a Hall of Famer? Nah, not even close...

Reply to Msg #5157
Back to Topics

3995 reads

982 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5161 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Julio Franco ends his almost triple decade career at age 49
Date:  5/4/08, 10:42am
I agree Jaydawg. Not a hall of famer, but a very solid major league career & also a great ambassador to the game & a class act. Nevertheless, he was a good MLB player for many years.

Reply to Msg #5161
Back to Topics

5063 reads

Message #5162 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Julio Franco ends his almost triple decade career at age 49
Date:  5/4/08, 1:10pm
Yeah, I agree, not a Hall of Famer. He will be in there for longevity, but not inducted.

The first time I ever saw Julio Franco he was playing for the Cleveland Indians, at the old Municipal Stadium, and when I got home, I tried holding the bat the way did. Needless to say, the ball was well past me by the time the bat came through the zone. One of my all-time favorite players, a complete class act.

Reply to Msg #5162
Back to Topics

5062 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter