BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39477
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks 3.12: Wednesday Night Fantasy Roundup, looking at the Beat the Geeks leagues and the other goings on" Thread

Message #5137 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks 3.12: Wednesday Night Fantasy Roundup, looking at the Beat the Geeks leagues and the other goings on
Date:  5/01/08, 10:18am
graphic
Rob presents his semi-regular "Wednesday Night Practical" where you can see the goings on his his various fantasy leagues and get some latest baseball news. PlayerTrack.com has gotten its first offensive update of the year.

Reply to Msg #5137
Back to Topics

2183 reads

1475 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5151 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks 3.12: Wednesday Night Fantasy Roundup, looking at the Beat the Geeks leagues and the other goings on
Date:  5/3/08, 4:18pm
Another great podcast Rob! I love your openings of the podcast by the way! Very funny!

You have nice fantasy teams.

I am in a "so called" experts league in Yahoo, but it is head to head, not roto. It is called the "Brown Sodas Beer League"
I was actually in this 10 team league last year & finished 2nd.

I finished 1st in another head to head league last year that was a 12 team league. But I was in another league that was roto that was a 14 team league & I finished 10th in that one.

Anyway, in my 10 team "experts" Beer league, I'm currently in 1st. This is my team.

C - Brian McCann
1B - Mike Jacobs
2B - BJ Upton
SS - Yunel Escobar
3B - Aramis Ramirez
OF - Pat Burrell
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Curtis Granderson
Util - Justin Upton
Bench - Carlos Pena
Bench - Vernon Wells
Bench - Edgar Renteria
Bench - Matt Kemp
Bench - Josh Willingham

SP - Carlos Zambrano
SP - Ben Sheets
RP - Brian Fuentes
RP - Brandon Lyon
P - Tim Hudson
P - Aaron Harang
P - Troy Percival

I think I drafted pretty well overall in that league.

By the way, It would have been cool to be in one of your leagues this year, although I've never been as good at the roto leagues as I have the head to head leagues. Keep me in mind next season for one of your leagues, especially if there is a drop out somewhere.

Reply to Msg #5151
Back to Topics

7298 reads

Message #5154 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
JoeKool2322  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks 3.12: Wednesday Night Fantasy Roundup, looking at the Beat the Geeks leagues and the other goings on
Date:  5/3/08, 10:55pm
Greeat team but Renteria on the bench for Escobar??? Cmon even as a Braves fan I had wished they had kept him.

--------------------------------------------------------
"I am a gamer."
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #5154
Back to Topics

7296 reads

Message #5158 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  JoeKool2322
drrubb  
Date:  5/4/08, 4:24am
Well, it's head to head, day to day. We can set our line ups every morning before tha games start lator that day. Escobar was just my starter today. I have been platooning those 2 guys. They get pretty equal time in my starting line up, depending on what pitcher they are facing that day, match up, etc.

Reply to Msg #5158
Back to Topics

7293 reads

Message #5163 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Date:  5/4/08, 1:20pm
Rob -

You wanted to know who had Jose Reyes and was still doing well, and that would be me. In my money league, ten team keeper league, I am currently third (it's head-to-head, but no one's perfect.) Here is my roster:

C- Kenji Johima - I feel your pain.....
1B - Lance Berkman
2B - Brandon Phillips
3B - Ryan Braun
SS - Jose "I will ruin your team with skillz" Reyes
OF - Alex Rios - anyone notice he has as many steals as Reyes???
OF - Matt Kemp
OF - Corey Hart
Util - Hunter Pence
BN - Reneteria, Carlos Quentin, Adrian Beltre, James Loney, Brad Hawpe

SP -Johan Santana
SP - Dan Haren
SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - Tim Lincecum
SP - C.C. Sabathia
SP - Matt Cain
SP - Brett Myers
RP - Carlos Marmol
RP - Kerry Wood
RP - Brian Fuentes
RP - CJ Wilson

My current record is 21-19-3 through today.

Reply to Msg #5163
Back to Topics

7290 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter