BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39234
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "The Fish are off to their best start in team history " Thread

Message #5214 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  The Fish are off to their best start in team history
Date:  5/11/08, 12:05pm
All of the so-called experts picked them to be in dead last. Who would've thought that the Marlins would turn out to be better than the N.L. East favored Mets at this point? I sure didn't. The prospects of staying in South Florida look good for the Fish.

Reply to Msg #5214
Back to Topics

6478 reads

1770 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5216 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: The Fish are off to their best start in team history
Date:  5/11/08, 12:15pm
UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez signs a 6-year/$70 mil. deal.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3389809 It looks like the Marlins are serious about winning on a consistent basis now. No more fire sales for the Fish in the near future.

Reply to Msg #5216
Back to Topics

7984 reads

Message #5220 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Date:  5/11/08, 12:43pm
I've been watching a lot of the Marlins & Rays this season, & I can tell you that both teams are for real this season. I think both teams are going to be around for quiet a while this season. Tampa Bay is actually a very exciting team to watch. I know I'm dreaming, but I would love to see a Rays-Marlins World Series! You all can laugh really hard now. If that ever happened, that would be histerical & MLB would have a cow. MLB will never allow that to happen though. MLB would payoff the umpires before MLB allowed that to happen. I think it would actually be great for the game if we ever saw that because I'm tired of hearing about the same ole' DAMN teams( Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Cardinals, etc.).

I predict that the Rays will atleast finish 3rd in the AL East. I'm serious. They are that good. The Marlins will be atleast in the wild card race all season.

Reply to Msg #5220
Back to Topics

7982 reads

Message #5221 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
drrubb  
Date:  5/11/08, 12:46pm
I'll atleast be one butt in the Trop for 6 games during the last week of May. I'm going to watch the Rays during their home stand that week against the Orioles, Rangers, & White Sox. I'm really looking forward to it!

Reply to Msg #5221
Back to Topics

7979 reads

Message #5243 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
JoeKool2322  
Date:  5/14/08, 4:26am
The Rays and Marlins are not for real. Yes the Marlins are winning without the likes of injured Jacobs and Willingham. If Sanchez and Johnson were healthy then they would have a legitimate shot. However, there no name pitching staff is suspect and their bullpen is as well. The main reason the Marlins are still in the race is because the Phils, Braves, and Mets have all played lousy baseball. I suspect once these teams start getting their thing together and begin their unbalanced schedule the NL East will have its shuffling. Has for now the Marlins will continue this great ball their playing especially with interleague on the horizon as they are one of the best teams during interleague play.

--------------------------------------------------------
"I am a gamer."
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #5243
Back to Topics

7975 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter