BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39993
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Dodgers continue to surprise with Beltre 9th inning shot " Thread

Message #553 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Dodgers continue to surprise with Beltre 9th inning shot
Date:  7/24/04, 1:30pm
Absolutely unbelievable tear for the Blue Crew, and Beltre continues to make his claim for National League MVP honors (if you gave me 100-1 odds at the start of the season that I would be saying this after the All-Star break, I wouldn't have taken the bet).I would've said that the only player that they had who had good potential power was Shawn Green... and he probably has been one of the biggest disappointments this year on a very entertaining (and good) team.

Reply to Msg #553
Back to Topics

3612 reads

1725 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #554 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Dodgers continue to surprise with Beltre 9th inning sho
Date:  7/24/04, 1:52pm
Adrian Beltre has been a MVP on my team as well this season. Along with Jim Thome, I would venture to say that Beltre was the biggest player who wasn't drafted in our BBM league. Both of these guys have lit it up!

Reply to Msg #554
Back to Topics

4265 reads

Message #555 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Dodgers continue to surprise with Beltre 9th inning sho
Date:  7/24/04, 7:01pm
Before the season began, I took a lot of heat for my prediction of the Dodgers winning at least 85 games by the end of the season with a second place finish behind the D-Backs (gee, what happened to those guys?). Back in April, I felt that the Dodgers were better on paper than they were last year. Despite the loss of Kevin Brown, they still had some of the best pitching in the league with Eric "Game Over" Gagne closing out their games. They also had Shawn Green and Milton Bradley to carry their offense along with the speed of Dave Roberts on the basepaths. While I was thrilled when the Fox people sold the team, I was pissed off that the Blue Crew didn't acquire Aaron Boone to play third base, which meant another underachieving year for Adrian Beltre. Now, the Dodgers are in contention for the N.L. Pennant and Beltre could end up being the M.V.P.GIVE IT UP FOR THE AZUL!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Msg #555
Back to Topics

4264 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter