BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40489
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "This blogger thinks Josh Hamilton is not a first round draft pick next season... debate! " Thread

Message #5548 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  This blogger thinks Josh Hamilton is not a first round draft pick next season... debate!
Date:  8/12/08, 12:52pm
graphic
My thought:

When all is said and done, Hamilton will be a top 12 fantasy player by season’s end.

The RBI total is indeed ridiculous. But, say, he has a regression… what’s a reasonable regression. 25 RBI? 45 RBI? He’ll still have an amazing total.

Hamilton is the 2008 version of Ryan Braun, and I won’t chide anyone who decides to make him a #1 in the latter half of a first round serpentine, just like I didn’t do this with Braun this year.

This thought leads to probably the most important issue for BOTH Braun and Hamilton. Their home ballparks.

Braun will stay at Miller for certain with his new contract. If Hamilton does not get re-signed by Texas (he is currently hitting .347 at home), I think I might agree with you. Until then, I’m gonna cavil you until you beg for mercy.

Reply to Msg #5548
Back to Topics

1938 reads

1365 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter