BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40511
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for violating drug policy " Thread

Message #6276 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for violating drug policy
Date:  5/07/09, 09:52am
graphic
Performance-enhancing drugs.

It was just a few weeks ago when Jaydawg put up the link where Jose Canseco joyfully announced that he was "90% sure" that Manny took steroids.

Once again, vindication for Jose.

And, sadness for all of Dodgerdom.

And, a killing blow to my already depleted NL only league that relies on him.

And, a death blow to Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp and the entire Dodger squad that was still reeling giddily from their MLB home record last night.

Disappointment isn't a good enough word.

Reply to Msg #6276
Back to Topics

4654 reads

1803 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #6277 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
Eagleye290  
Subject:  Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for violating drug policy
Date:  5/7/09, 9:57am
From what I'm hearing it is non-steroidal but we have yet to hear any details as to what the substance actually is. Regardless, this is still a disappointment but I can't honestly say I'm shocked.

Reply to Msg #6277
Back to Topics

5724 reads

Message #6279 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Eagleye290
rytorres  
Subject:  Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for violating drug policy
Date:  5/9/09, 11:35am
Red Sox Nation is also shocked. It brings their 2004 and 2007 Championships into question.

There are times I wonder if the whole anabolics debate is a tempest in a teapot. Is any enhancement not available during the 70's bad? What about cortical steroids that allow fatigued shoulders to pitch when Duke Snider would have just dealt with a dead arm? How about Tommy John Surgery prolonging a career? How about lasik eye surgery giving batters better than 20/20 vision and contact lenses that help them pick up the ball out of the pitcher's hand? How about highly-oxygenated platelet therapy and hyperbaric chambers? Joe DiMaggio didn't have those things. Should any ballplayer?

Reply to Msg #6279
Back to Topics

5721 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter