BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40092
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Dodgers Caught in Beltre Lie " Thread

Message #636 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
DodgerRefugee  
Subject:  Dodgers Caught in Beltre Lie
Date:  3/2/05, 2:52pm
graphic
After a weekend of spreading talk that they did everything to keep Adrian Beltre, Doger owner Frank McCourt and GM Paul DePodesta are caught in a lie when Beltre himself speaks.

Reply to Msg #636
Back to Topics

7161 reads

1880 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #666 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  DodgerRefugee
RedSux  
Subject:  Re: Dodgers Caught in Beltre Lie
Date:  3/3/05, 6:59am
graphic
This doesn't surprise me. So much in the sport today is based on PR and making sure you come out smelling fresh as a daisy as far as the fans are concerned.For example, did you hear about Steinbrenner giving Giambi a hug? Come on! That man wouldn't hug his own son...This sport is 50% PR stunts and 50% sports.

Reply to Msg #666
Back to Topics

8358 reads

Message #668 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  3/4/05, 12:42am
I think the Dodgers should have found a way to keep Beltre around. I think last season was his turning point & I believe he will have continued success.

Reply to Msg #668
Back to Topics

8352 reads

Message #669 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  3/4/05, 12:29pm (Last Edited: 1/27/06, 7:58pm)
I think the Dodgers should have at least TRIED to keep Beltre. BUT, I think the Times caught BELTRE in a lie.

He says he would have taken LESS money if the Dodger brass simply came to him and told him their plans.

Plans?

How do you explain that?

"We're gonna pay you less cuz we want to give it to some other high-priced player?"

Do you really believe that Beltre would have resigned with the Dodgers for less money than he got in Seattle? No way.

The liar is Beltre.

I also think he is going to be an average player this year (and any year that isn't a contract year), so I don't personally consider it a huge loss.

Reply to Msg #669
Back to Topics

8350 reads

Message #671 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
asimovian  
Date:  3/4/05, 5:25pm
I tend to agree. I loved Adrian Beltre and wanted him to succeed so badly all the years he under-performed. But I think his interpretation of what management should have done is a little naive, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, there. However, since he's not playing in our league anymore, I wish him all the success in the world.

Reply to Msg #671
Back to Topics

8348 reads

Message #673 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  asimovian
Reedster  
Date:  3/5/05, 1:15pm (Last Edited: 1/27/06, 7:58pm)
>I tend to agree. I loved Adrian Beltre and wanted him to
>succeed so badly all the years he under-performed. But I think
>his interpretation of what management should have done is a
>little naive, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt,
>there.

That might be where my dislike from Beltre stems from. I despise players who step it up in contract years.

This year will be key for my opinion of Beltre. The added difficulty for him is that SAFECO ain't the best place to hit in the world, so it is an uphill climb for him to impress me (not that he would care, but still...)

Reply to Msg #673
Back to Topics

8346 reads

Message #1971 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Guest6320 (IP: 69.3.213.219)  
Date:  2/3/06, 11:29pm
beltre was a very good player for the dodgers. finally they got some offense so they could average more than 3 runs a game...man. so then the get rid of him..one of the dumbest things ever. why cant any of the 86 dodgers visit the fountain of youth and show these guys how to hit??

Reply to Msg #1971
Back to Topics

8343 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter