BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40482
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Fred McGriff to launch his own weekly, baseball radio show " Thread

Message #782 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Fred McGriff to launch his own weekly, baseball radio show
Date:  3/13/05, 09:30am
I guess that this means we won't be seeing HR # 500?

Reply to Msg #782
Back to Topics

2466 reads

897 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #785 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Fred McGriff to launch his own weekly, baseball radio show
Date:  3/13/05, 2:10pm
That really sucks! I would have loved to see him play one more full season. I believe he would have hit 7 more home runs in 162 games. Come back Fred!He is still a hall of famer in my eyes. He has better numbers than a lot of guys who are in the hall of fame. He is also a gentleman, a class act, & a credit to the game of baseball.Here is where he ranks all time among some major statistical categories.He is 37th all time in hits. 5th most hits among players who are still active, assuming he plays this season.He is 34th all time in RBIs. 3rd most RBIs among players who are still active, assuming he plays this season.He is 22nd all time in home runs. 5th most home runs among players who are still active, assuming he plays this season.He is 31st all time in runs scored. 7th most runs scored among players who are still active, assuming he plays this season.He is 47th all time in doubles. 13th most doubles among players still active, assuming he plays this season.He is 49th all time in on base percentage. 29th best on base percentage among still active players, assuming he plays this season.He is 45th all time in slugging percentage. 31st best slugging percentage among still active players, assuming he plays this season.He is 24th all time in total bases. 3rd most total bases among still active players, assuming he plays this season.Fred McGriff is ahead of some very big names on these lists, many of whom are all ready in the hall of fame.He deserves to be a baseball hall of famer, even he is not a first ballot hall of famer.

Reply to Msg #785
Back to Topics

3225 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter