BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40228
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Barry Bonds undergoes second operation on left knee; will likely miss opening day " Thread

Message #842 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  Barry Bonds undergoes second operation on left knee; will likely miss opening day
Date:  3/17/05, 8:07pm

Reply to Msg #842
Back to Topics

5061 reads

1165 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #868 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Barry Bonds undergoes second operation on left knee; will likely miss opening day
Date:  3/19/05, 5:28am
Now reports say he will miss possibly the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season.

Reply to Msg #868
Back to Topics

5622 reads

Message #869 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Barry Bonds undergoes second operation on left knee; will likely miss opening day
Date:  3/19/05, 5:30am
Here is a bold prediction, even when Bonds comes back, he will be a bust this season. Bonds will have a sub par season!

Reply to Msg #869
Back to Topics

5620 reads

Message #874 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Reedster  
Date:  3/19/05, 11:25am
>Here is a bold prediction, even when Bonds comes back, he will
>be a bust this season. Bonds will have a sub par season!

Ah, you predict that every season. You said that 200+ BBs, .345+ BA, .600+ OBP, and 45 HRs ago.

Reply to Msg #874
Back to Topics

4389 reads

Message #875 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Date:  3/19/05, 11:51am
Hey, if I had not traded Barry Bonds last season, I would have not won the league.

I just think he has too many distractions & possible upcoming health issues. He is obviously still one hell of a hitter, but when will he play again & will the rest of his career stay injury riddled? When he does play, will he get many decent pitches to hit when he is at the plate? Is he going to continuously be distracted by the media on the steroids scandle/issue?

Too many questions & distractions I think & I think it will finally start to catch up with him this season.

Will he pass Babe Ruth this season? Yes! if he has atleast a third of the season healthy.

I don't think he'll ever be the player though he has been from here on out although he will still flirt & may surpass Hank Aaron's all time home run record before his career is over.

From a fantasy point of view, I would rather not have him if he is going to cost me 3,4, or 5 million dollars of my team's salary.

Reply to Msg #875
Back to Topics

5618 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter