BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40916
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Bill Plaschke has a hard-on against the Dodgers, and I wish he'd just shut the f*** up " Thread

Message #979 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Bill Plaschke has a hard-on against the Dodgers, and I wish he'd just shut the f*** up
Date:  3/28/05, 12:08pm (Last Edited: 3/28/05, 12:15pm)
My brother sent me a link to this in my email this morning. We have yet another L.A. Times article bashing the Dodgers. I swear, it looks more and more like TJ Simers and Plaschke are on the ANAHEIM Angel payroll.

Basically, it is an article about an old codger Dodger fan who had the best seats in the house, but poor, old rich guy didn't want to pay for the new, upgraded seats that have been built in front of him (at about $1500 a seat). And, in silent protest, he will not be going to Opening Day (cue violins here).

This was my response to my brother...

Do you know how the Bush administration paid writers to promote his idiotic ideas? Wonder if Moreno is doing the same?

TJ Simers and Platschke have a hard on against the Dodgers.

Don't believe it.

Why wasn't this article written a longer time ago?

The problem is with player salaries. Platscke and crew should be challenging THIS... not McCourt solely because he needs to make more money to pay for the team.

Baseball is a business because the players get paid huge money... therefore, teams need to make huge money. Doesn't bother me a bit.

And, if I could afford this old man's seats, I'd be more than happy to take em away from him.

As it is, the guy was paying $370 a seat... which is a lot more that your standard ticket. Where was Plashke's article when they increased the price? Should the Dodgers give this guy tickets til death at 1961 prices, else they would seem like money grubbing bastards?

There are reasons to dislike the Dodger front office. This, however, is Nazi-like propaganda from an L.A. Times guy who has had an agenda against the Dodgers for as long as I can remember.

Reply to Msg #979
Back to Topics

1468 reads

813 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter