BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40145
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "TIG 6: Rookie of the Month award is a jinx " Thread

Message #230 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  TIG 6: Rookie of the Month award is a jinx
Date:  5/4/06, 10:15am (Last Edited: 5/4/06, 10:17am)
***PAPELBON'S RESPONSE AFTER GETTING AL ROOKIE OF THE MONTH: TAKE THIS!***

Papelbon blows his first save opportunity after it is announced that he was awarded the AL Rookie for the month of April. Don't worry, Papelbon fans. The kid is fine. He can't win 'em all.

It will be interesting to watch if this, somehow, screws up Papelbon's concentration. His resiliance is put to the test, but I suspect Papelbon will go right through, without problems, and continue his dominance.

The other question: are hitters just figuring him out now? Papelbon had two saves against the Blue Jays in the month of April. This was the third time he was facing them. Something to think about.

***GETTING MAD AT MADDOG***

Gregg and I were interviewed for a local paper this week about our podcast. One of the questions directed to me was: "What's your problem with Greg Maddux?" responding to my comments in the last podcast that I felt that Maddux just couldn't keep it up. He just isn't the kind of pitcher he has been in the month of April... not anymore, anyway.

I predicted that he would have a 3.8 or so ERA the rest of the way and a 1.3 WHIP.

Today's result? His first loss of the season. He gave up 5 ERs in 5 innings, with a 2.00 WHIP. The good news: he didn't walk anybody.

Maddog owners: take note. I told you to sell high last weekend.

***CHAD TRACY: ON FIRE BOY***

Tracy had a lot to do with Maddux's bad outing, hitting a three run shot. He hit a grand slam the day before. He is looking every bit the part of a fantasy stud, especially with his multi-position eligibility.

***WHAT IS WRONG WITH LIDGE?***

When we did the "worst pitchers of the week" segment in our last podcast, I purposefully did not include Lidge because I felt his bad performance was an aberration, not worthy of note ahead of the Francisco Cordero meltdown and loss of the closer job.

Last night, he allowed another earned run, but he got the save. While I still would not part with him in fantasy or real life (were I GM or manager), something seems very wrong.

***REDS IN COLORADO SHOULD EQUAL MASSACRE, RIGHT?***

No. It meant 4 hits, yesterday... one for extra bases. I think this means very bad things for Josh Fogg today (or shall I say "I hope" -- I have four of them on my money league fantasy roster).

***GAME OF THE DAY: CARDS AT HOUSTON***

Chris Carpenter faces the struggling Andy Pettitte, in a rematch of the 2005 NLCS. Most provocative pitching match-up of the day. Pettitte is 1-4, but I predict he is due (it helps that Pujols has a hurt back, even if he did hit one out last night... hopefully, he won't play to help my prediction).

Prediction: Pettitte wins. Houston wins: 5-3.

Reply to Msg #230
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

2496 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter