BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40432
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Tigers choose Higginson for the active roster. Says Dmitri Young: 'This really stinks. Marcus (Thames) is a totally good person on and off the field, and when you see someone screwed like that, you react.'" Thread

Message #1038 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Tigers choose Higginson for the active roster. Says Dmitri Young: 'This really stinks. Marcus (Thames) is a totally good person on and off the field, and when you see someone screwed like that, you react.'
Date:  4/01/05, 4:39pm (Last Edited: 4/4/05, 6:35pm)
Says Rotoworld.com, quite accurately: "One can only assume that Higginson is not 'a totally good person.'"

Reply to Msg #1038
Back to Topics

5842 reads

1066 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #1044 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Nokeshit32  
Subject:  Re: Tigers choose Higginson for the active roster. Says Dmitri Young: 'This really stinks. Marcus
Date:  4/1/05, 9:22pm
I'm a Tigers fan, and obviously torn about the decision. I do put my faith in Trammell's judgment, or whatever other factors there were in the decision. Thames should have been a little more mature about it, and sworn to tear up the IL as a response to the 'slight', but we'll see how it goes.

BTW, Reedster, great site. I can see it's a labor of love, and I'll do my best to become a regular.

Reply to Msg #1044
Back to Topics

5521 reads

Message #1053 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Nokeshit32
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Tigers choose Higginson for the active roster. Says Dmitri Young: 'This really stinks. Marcus
Date:  4/2/05, 11:27am
There was a time when Higginson was a pretty darn good player. I would go with experience over potential.

The main issue I would be concerned about (if I was a Tiger fan) would be whether this affects Dmitri Young dramatically and -- therefore -- whether it affects the clubhouse.

If this isn't nipped in the bud by the manager now, it might really screw things up in Detroit.

Then, there is that little issue of Magglio having some intestinal problems.

Thanks for your comments. I look forward to your participation here.

Reply to Msg #1053
Back to Topics

6415 reads

Message #1056 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  4/2/05, 1:33pm
Bad decision in my opinion. Thames is an up & coming player & I believe has more to offer. Higginson's days are numbered. I agree with DMitri Young, although Young might should have handled the situation a little differently. Look for the Young & the Tigers to have one hell of a season. I think they are seriously going to shock some people. They will atleast go 500. I actually think they will do better than 500. I think they have a good chance to win 85 to 90 games & they will do no worse than 3rd in the AL Central & may do better than 3rd. They have some solid young pitching & their line up can be pretty explosive with Young being one of their main horses.

Reply to Msg #1056
Back to Topics

6414 reads

Message #1067 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Nokeshit32  
Date:  4/3/05, 4:16pm
How interesting is this in light of the Alex Sanchez deal? Perhaps there was more going on in the Tigers' outfield decisions than we knew!

Reply to Msg #1067
Back to Topics

6413 reads

Message #1070 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  4/3/05, 8:22pm
I think your right! Sanchez on steroids? That to me is kind of shocking.

Reply to Msg #1070
Back to Topics

6413 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter