BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40579
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Dontrelle Willis is just stunning so far in 2005; pitches complete game shutout against the Phils " Thread

Message #1155 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Dontrelle Willis is just stunning so far in 2005; pitches complete game shutout against the Phils
Date:  4/13/05, 12:22pm
Is this the same guy who I traded Hideki Matsui for last year in one of my leagues, only to watch him further bring my team down?

Great year so far for this guy, and I like him, actually.

But, truth be told, if I had him on my fantasy team, I would be trying to sell him high RIGHT NOW.

Reply to Msg #1155
Back to Topics

5408 reads

1671 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #1156 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
RedSux  
Subject:  Re: Dontrelle Willis is just stunning so far in 2005; pitches complete game shutout against the Phils
Date:  4/13/05, 3:35pm
graphic
This time last year he was hitting a couple of dingers to further his own cause. If I remember correctly. I don't think that Dontrelle is going to be one of the greatest pitchers in the game, but he definitely makes an impact on a rotation.

Reply to Msg #1156
Back to Topics

6042 reads

Message #1157 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Dontrelle Willis is just stunning so far in 2005; pitches complete game shutout against the Phils
Date:  4/13/05, 9:29pm
I'm glad I have him in my other BBM league! Yes, he's streaky. However, for BBM purposes, he doesn't have to face a DH because he is in the NL. Moreover, he is a valuable left hander. There are not as many left handed starting pitchers as right handed starting pitchers. I think that elevates Dontrelle's value.

When (& only when!) Willis is on his game, he is every bit as good as Johan Santana in my opinion.

Reply to Msg #1157
Back to Topics

6039 reads

Message #1170 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Jaydawg  
Date:  4/15/05, 10:26pm
I'm sure glad he's on my Baseball Geeks League team in BBM. Before the draft began, I thought that Dontrelle would be one of the best sleeper picks of the year. So far, so good. Willis is the first pitcher to start out the season with two consecutive shutouts since '82, the year he was born. Dontrelle has tremendous potential and is a throwback kind of player from yesteryear. He reminds me of a left-handed version of Juan Marischal, especially with that high leg kick when delivering the pitch. In 62 games, he has an ERA in the area of 3.50. Not too shabby for a 23-year-old. Mark my words, Dontrelle Willis is a future Cy Young award winner.

Reply to Msg #1170
Back to Topics

6039 reads

Message #1221 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Date:  4/23/05, 11:34am
>In 62 games, he has an ERA in the
>area of 3.50. Not too shabby for a 23-year-old. Mark my
>words, Dontrelle Willis is a future Cy Young award winner.

At this rate, it might be THIS season.

Reply to Msg #1221
Back to Topics

6037 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter