BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40741
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks PodCast #5 now online... link goes to download of podcast" Thread

Message #1972 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks PodCast #5 now online... link goes to download of podcast
Date:  2/04/06, 11:32am (Last Edited: 2/4/06, 11:42am)
This week's show: We have Skype; Baseball Geezers Mike Piazza, Sammy Sosa, Jeff Bagwell, and Frank Thomas; our predictions for the AL East; Reds' News with Red-Hot-Mama; Playertrack.com Top 10 3B; and another False Rumors segment

---

We have skype now. You can skype us (download the software at skype.com) and leave us a voicemail comment. We just might use it on our podcast!

Thanks to red-hot-mama.com 's Amanda! And, another shout out for MonkMojo at monkmojo.com

Reply to Msg #1972
Back to Topics

1365 reads

774 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1978 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #5 now online... link goes to download of podcast
Date:  2/5/06, 9:37am
You were right on the money with the top 3B picks. A-Rod is obviously a no-brainer for the top spot, but David Wright and Chipper aren't far behind, as you said. Other so-called experts aren't ranking Wright very high, which boggles my mind. Nice commentary by Red-Hot-Mama. From what I've heard, Reds fans are some of the most knowledgeable about the game. Red-Hot-Mama and of course, Family Man, are no different. The way it's going, the BGP rankings could make it to the Top 10 (it's currently at #31) on I-tunes after the season gets going.

Reply to Msg #1978
Back to Topics

5930 reads

Message #1985 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #5 now online... link goes to download of podcast
Date:  2/5/06, 11:29pm
Another great podcast Rob & Gregg. I enjoy listening every week. I like the fact you guys actually talked about the Devil Rays a little. You guys probably talked more about them than anybody else has in recent memory. I agree. They will be a fun team to watch this season. I predict a possible 4th place finsh & perhaps 500 baseball for the first time in their history. You guys sounded more loose & natural on podcast number 5. The first 4 were good, the 5th was even better.

My AL East predictions(for what it's worth)

1. Yankees (YUCK!)
2. Blue Jays
3. Red Sox
4. Devil Rays
5. Orioles

Reply to Msg #1985
Back to Topics

5928 reads

Message #1986 of 6634  *NEW*
sambruin98  
Date:  2/5/06, 11:42pm
Another quality show. You guys are a weekly must-listen now. I like how you're just two normal guys talking baseball and not loud, bombastic personalities trying to be bigger than the story itself. BTW, Gregg, thanks for the backhanded compliment-I'll be wearing my Gregg Keer Fan Club t-shirt at the draft this year in your honor. =P. Rob, flattery will get you Bill Hall for $1 less than I was gonna make you pay.

P.S. Why couldn't Ensberg do that for us when we had him?

Reply to Msg #1986
Back to Topics

5924 reads

Message #1987 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  sambruin98
familyman  
Date:  2/6/06, 12:26am
Hey Sam, drrub, jaydawg et al,

Thanks for the very motivating comments. I do think we loosened things up (witness our laughing fit when we forgot last week's false rumor). With guys like you listening in, it makes it easier to cram the podcasts into our crazy schedules. Keep the comments (positive and constructively critical) coming!

Oh yeah, and Go Rays!

Reply to Msg #1987
Back to Topics

5921 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter