BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40669
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "WBC Ump Blows Call " Thread

Message #2549 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Conor  
Subject:  WBC Ump Blows Call
Date:  3/12/06, 6:25pm

Reply to Msg #2549
Back to Topics

4652 reads

1467 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2550 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Conor
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: WBC Ump Blows Call
Date:  3/12/06, 6:26pm
So the story is thorough: Arod hits a game winning single in the bottom of the 9th.

I agree that the call was bad, but as pointed out by the play by play guys, Japan's failure to tag first to get Randy Winn out resulted in his scoring the winning run.

Reply to Msg #2550
Back to Topics

5681 reads

Message #2551 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Conor  
Date:  3/12/06, 6:32pm
That's really besides the point. And granted, with the rally the US was putting together in the end of the 9th, they prob would have won anyway....but the ump's didnt blow the call at 1st base. Japan didnt tag the base. The umps blew the call at 3rd, which gave Japan an out and took away a go-ahead run. Something like that changes a game.

Reply to Msg #2551
Back to Topics

5676 reads

Message #2555 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Date:  3/12/06, 9:35pm
The call itself was just a flat out horrible call in my humble opinion. I haven't really pulled or cheered for any team in the WBC, even the USA. I have no bias in this tournament. I believe Japan was flat out robbed on that call. The umps definately blew that one. I can't help to wonder if this was a "homer" call.

I was really surprised with the Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic outcome. On paper atleast, I feel that the Dominican team has the best team in the WBC. Soriano, Tejada, Pujols, Ortiz, Beltre, Alou, Taveras, Encarnacion, etc. That is pretty tough looking on paper. Puerto Rico has looked really really good so far. There team isn't too bad. They have Beltran, Javy Lopez, Cintron, Cora, Ivan Rodriguez, Jose Valentin, Jose Cruz Jr.

Major League Baseball has become so international. I just wish the USA team wasn't loaded with so many damn New York Yankees! For me, it makes it hard to cheer for them because of that. I just have to be honest.

Reply to Msg #2555
Back to Topics

5673 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter